Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
LEFT - MÖBIUS,

RIGHT - BUDIG (Copy white metal)

The third - also Möbius - is not on the picture.
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by pixmax.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Great finds.  The correct term in German is Bordsteinrenner (please apologies if I come over pedantic but I am German after all ).

The 3 current Budig Bordsteinrenner are listed in ToyPedia, Pixmax, maybe you can help with listing Mobius?  We could then link the Mobius with the Budig.  If you like to try send me a PM.

Christian
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by Joschik.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Ooops, need to learn to read more carefully.  Karl already created the link earlier in the thread.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Christian, Kneterenner is also used word for these cars. Another is "Schieberenner". We have always more terms for one thing. And I'm a German too. Try to google "Kneterenner".

By Möbius where produced 5 models. The first was the Mercedes W 25. Later the W196 in two versions as Monoposto (as on the pictures) and a "Stromlinie". In the early 60s he produced also a Porsche 550 and a Ferrari racing car.

The Merceds cars havn't a driver first. When Johannes Möbius again produced these cars in the early 60s they get a driver. But these drivers are not very nice in my opinion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shinmachi

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Sorry to go off topic but would one of you German guys please tell me the proper (German) way to pronounce the word 'Mercedes"? Is the 'c' a guttural like 'k', or is it a sibilant like 's' ?

We English speaking peoples always say 'Mer-say-dees' but I don't think the guys who make them would say it like that.

TIA, Dave.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
That's correct: 'Mer-say-dees'.

Oh Lord want you buy me a Mercedes Benz ...

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #22

That's correct: 'Mer-say-dees'.

Oh Lord want you buy me a Mercedes Benz ...

Pixmax, my relatives in Germany pronounce it as " MerrTzeeDez "

In the Netherlands we pronounce it like Merr SEE Des 

(Mer as in Angela "Merkel")
(SEE as in "Nordsee")
(Des as in "deswegen")

Paying attention during German lessons for six years finally paid off Regards:RoutemasterNL

Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
It is difficult to tell how to say Mercedes. But the question was:

'Mercedes'? Is the 'c' a guttural like 'k', or is it a sibilant like 's' ?

And definitly it isn't like a 'k'.

When we want to talk about the rest of Mercedes this will be a new thread. Remember the 'r'. There is a very big difference between our pronunciation and the american or english.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Thanks a lot guys. I guess it isn't so different to the English pronunciation as I imagined.

Dave.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Listen here!

On the left side is a little loudspeaker. Click on it and listen!

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Ah! Now I get it, thanks again Pixmax.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #27

Fresh Boarder
Just to let you know that Mobius is now uploaded onto
ToyPedia.

www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...ile=index.php/Mobius

If you find any other information out about this maker please feel free
to add to the Mobius category. Thank you.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Mahle / Möbius / Mahle

But it is not clear if the two Auto-Union are really made by Mahle. They can be made also by Kibri.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Is that the same Kibri that now does HO scale plastic buildings and trucks?

http://www.viessmann-modell.com/kibri/index.php?show=shop&cPath=32&lang=en&cat=c149_Diverse Fahrzeuge H0.html

===

Here is the Kibri - looks a little rough! http://www.autojauneparis.com/en/fiche.php?numero=13607
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by karls.