Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car?

Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Probably this is a white metal model made in Italy from where i bought the car. I do not know much about white metal cars. Did not look like homemade. There is now brand on the underside. Who could identify this model?

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
best bet would be the wheels, but I don't recognize that neither

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The wheels are made of plastic.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
yes, but the details of the whole wheel including the tires usually will be used by various vehicles. Just don't know who.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hubs and tyres are made as one part. Similar like the wheels of the three Charbens racing cars. But they are different.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
true, white metal doesn't get used often, and finding them via google is just as difficult.

also, there's no guarantee that they may have been replaced.

sometimes the name of the company is edged on the inside of the wheel.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Scale? Is it 1/43? Is the base solid metal?

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
If the original Mercedes W 196 was 4040 mm long the scale is 1:39. In that time every car had another scale. The model havn't a baseplate.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the 2nd picture - sometimes the base is more interesting than the top! 

Here is one that is very close - perhaps an updated version of yours?

"http://www.modellautos-budig.de/shop.php?ANR=BUD 008&NAS=30"

or on this very site!

https://www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&view=plugin&Itemid=472&jfile=index.php/Budig:Bordsteinrenner:Mercedes_W196.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
see previous post.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Hi Karl, this car looks really very similar to mine. May be the seller knows more about the original model or about the origin. Many thanks for that link. I wondered how did you find that.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Robert Budig is a member here, you should be able to find him in the member directory.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 10 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I already asked him. But sadly he did not aswer.

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Ok, now it is clear. I've got two Möbius racer. One with driver and an older without. The white metal racer is a copy of the Möbius racer. A Mercedes W196. The Original have always some rest of putty inside. It is a typical toy car we called "Kneterenner" (putty racer) or "Bordseinrenner" (sidewalk racer).

Re: Who knows something about this Mercedes racing car? 9 years, 11 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The one with the hollow nose is the Budig, correct?  What is the Mobius and which of yours is the older one? Which is the copy?  I am just curious. 

That is great that you found copies of both - how did you find the 2nd one?