NAMAC, January 13, 2018
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAMAC, January 13, 2018

NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Today was the Houten toyfair. My turn to drive, and the first ride for the new brakes of the Mustang. I met Theo, had a great time, and this what I came home with.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Is this off of the Chipperfields Land Rover?

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes Andy, it is the monkey from the Corgi nr 487 Chipperfelds Landrover parade vehicle. The clown was accompanied by a monkey.

Out of 26 watchers, you were right, so you deserve a reward.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by 283258.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture. it is one of the cars from the Corgi Chipperfields range i restored.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that is the monkey. Been feeling poorly after shoveling tons of snow for the last few day. Just run done. I am fine now and catching up. You don't find these very often Great score.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #6

The NAMAC fair was a good one for me. Not only did I meet PoliTom, Ecclesley, Keesie and Jan Werner, I also came home with 3 models and a box (don't tell the wife  )

Atlas Dinky Toys 935 Leyland Octopus flat bed truck with chain. The chains are a bit too long, need to cut about 1 inch to make the fit better

Dinky Toys 511 Guy truck. Probably a repaint as mentioned bij Jan and Gerrit, I have investigate it further before I do anything with it

Dinky Toys 081 box for tires. Despite some writing and scribbling, it looks good. Notice the pressed in no 38 on the flap. Anyone knows more about that pressed in number?

And finally a Corgi Bedford fire engine.

And the whole lot only cost me....15 euros Now there is a story about the little amount I paid.

The 511 had the cardboard tire box as a load, so I picked it up and asked what does it cost? The lady said 20 euros, I offered 15 and she agreed. She didn't even mention the load, so neither did I.

The Corgi came for free from a friend of Jan Werner, whom I gave restoration advice a while ago and that was my reward. Very nice of him.

And do you remember the large lot of Dinky Atlas trucks and cars I showed a week ago in the Atlas topic? I delivered it for a friend who wasn't able to make it to Houten due to his condition.

And then he surprised me by delivering this nice Leyland truck for free.

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Great scores and good story too. Always nice to be appreciated for ones efforts even if they are small. Very nice of your customer to give you that chain Leyland truck in exchange. Love the people who do this as a hobby or living. Always friendly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Andy, as I said you guessed right, it was the monkey from the Chipperfields parade Landrover. So, do you want a reward?

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Keesie

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Ok Andy, don't you want to know what your reward is?

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Ok Keesie ..

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I will show you in a different thread.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I look forwards to seeing this.
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Andy66.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Just watching and not being active does not take you anywhere, so this is what happens if you just give an answer to a very simple question: you will get a present!

I will send you a PM Andy.
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by 283258.

Re: NAMAC, January 13, 2018 6 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I wish we had fairs and shows and stuff like what you get
  • Page: