TOPIC: Just arrived...

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #46

belt was the word I was looking for. Thanks Jim

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #47

Platinum Boarder
No problem Theo, glad to help.

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #48

Gold Boarder
Taking apart this model seems complex to me.
I usually succeed in taking it apart, but putting it back together in a professional manner is something else.

I agree though that the longer you look at the model the more detailed and well-cast it seems

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #49

It is fairly simply to be honest. I shall try finding the topic I described it
The following user(s) said Thank You: PoliTom2

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #50

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #51

Gold Boarder
So you have just drilled out the rivets and replaced them?
I'm terrible with axles, with a peening hammer which do no have, rivets I am more or less ok with

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #52

In this case I just glued the brass posts to the casting. But riveting is an option too.

Re: Just arrived... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #53

Platinum Boarder
The riveting add to the finish of the model. I would use rivets even if it is glued to the posts and if you only use the cap of the rivet on the outside. Then no need to drill any further than to get the model apart. I normally would drill another 1/4" or so into the post with a 5/32" drill bit for the rivet shank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, PoliTom2

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #54

Gold Boarder
Yesterday I picked up these two Rolls Royces. I only went for the Dinky, but the took the Corgi home as well...

To my surprise the Dinky Rolls turned out to be the French Dinky 551 instead of the UK 150.
I guess the 551 was the same model and probably also produced in the UK and assembled in France. As indeed it says on the base.
Condition is good. The grill is loose and a bumper end broken off but that can be mended. Only the Angel on the bonnet is not present.

The Corgi Rolce Royce Corniche is a much bigger model. It looks a bit crude now but after a repaint and new rear bumper I think it will be a quite noce model.

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Looking forward to seeing that Dinky restored.

But I don't think I've seen a #279 Rolls Royce that far gone before.

It's an early 80's model.

Makes me wonder if it's been purposely aged.

A bit like this Mercedes that I noticed on Ebay recently.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/CORGI-MERCEDES-BENZ-...rksid=p2047675.l2557

I thought surely that's been made to look a lot older and more collectible than it actually is.

Or is this just my suspicious mind playing up again?

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #56

I don't think so CCE. I have studied the photos on ebay and I think it is original wear and a bad chrome-job from Corgi too....

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
They both look like original wear and tear from play to me. I don't know the Corgi Mercedes but I have seen the Corniche before and in worse shape than this one. It was missing the doors and the boot lid and the windows were gone. That was on eBay a few years ago now as I was looking at them at that time but did not buy any as they were all too expensive for me. I think these are great scores and the Grille for the Rolls Royce is available from Rob or Steve.

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #58

Gold Boarder
The dinky grille is a metal one, I think sometimes they also came as plastic ones

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
I have never come across a Dinky Rolls with a plastic grille from Steve. I don't know about the Corgi Rolls as I have never ordered parts for that car. Rob get his RR grilles etc from Steve anyway.

Re: Just arrived... 7 months ago #60

Gold Boarder
I have a dinky 152 RR Phantom V with a plastic grille which looks the same.
Not the same model of course. Also bigger than the 150/551.