Just arrived...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just arrived...

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Pantograph explained. Number 2 pertains to your bus.

pan·to·graph
ˈpan(t)əˌɡraf/
noun
noun: pantograph; plural noun: pantographs

an instrument for copying a drawing or plan on a different scale by a system of hinged and jointed rods.
a jointed framework conveying a current to a train, streetcar, or other electric vehicle from overhead wires.

Origin
early 18th century: from panto- ‘all, universal’ + Greek -graphos ‘writing.’

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #32

great finds Tom, well done

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #33

Fresh Boarder
Off topic mate, but I have just posted a request for info on Chitty Bang Bang resto. I think you covered this some time ago. Do you still have the pics?
Baz

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #34

Gold Boarder
That wasn't me, I think it was Chaccamacca who also has a Just Arrived thread and got some of these chitty cars last year.

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Yes, it was me.

I have 7 Corgi Toys Chitty  Chitty Bang Bang cars. 1 good and 6 for parts. But the restorations is for something in the summer.

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I believe it was actually Kevin19641964 who did the restoration and showed the pictures while it was going on. He had a photo bucket account and therefore all the uploaded pictures are gone.
Do a search for Chitty restorations or the like on the internet and you might find them there too. I can't remember if his sight was Red Firecracker or not. That may be another Kevin from another forum I belonged to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BazF

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #37

Platinum Boarder
It is not me who has done the restoration of the Corgi Toys Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

But is was me who has bought a lot of very cheap Chitty Chitty Bang Bangs for restoration.

I have one good Chitty Bang car and with the six other i think i can make 2 good ones.

So 3 good ones after restoration. I just have to order some figures.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fseelye, BazF

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Strange, I thought it was me.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #39

Platinum Boarder
You AS WELL Kees.

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #40

Platinum Boarder
It was not me who did the restoration of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

But it is on my list.

Re: Just arrived... 3 years, 1 month ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Ok Terry, so you did one as well.....then we 'belong' to a certain club of Chitty restorers !

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 4 months ago #42

Gold Boarder
Just a few weeks ago I got lucky with this lot in a thrift shop. You almost never find real cars in shops like that but of course I always look.
Price paid was 3 euro for the lot.
Particulary happy with the Fiat 600.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fseelye

Re: Just arrived... 1 year, 5 months ago #43

Gold Boarder
Visiting my Mother in Rotterdam I took a detour over the local market and picked up this Dinky Elevator Loader. You just never know what you are going to find there. There's usually something interesting.
Pretty good state. I would like to do a repaint but I am not going to take it apart..

Re: Just arrived... 1 year, 5 months ago #44

I have taken two apart and seeing the rubber elevator still present, I think it is worthwhile to take it apart.

If you take a closer look at the beautiful and detailed casting, it is one of Dinky's finest jobs.

Re: Just arrived... 1 year, 5 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Looks like the only thing missing are the tires. Easy to replace. Great score as it has the belt which is so often gone on these great loaders. Loads of play value here.