Just arrived...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just arrived...

Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
In the mail yesterday was this set of Borgwards.
The Dinky was worse than I expected. I guess It needs to be added to the long list of items to be restored.

The price is still on te box: 3,75 (Guilders I assume)

The left one is from Hammer, the middle plastic one is still unidentified. it is made in Western Germany but there is no maker mark to be seen. Inside the model has number 4.

Two Station car models, the white one from SE models, the red one from Norev.

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by PoliTom2.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #2

Gold Boarder
Three Dinky junkers I couldn't refuse

The challenge will be the rear door on the 404 and the wheels on the Rolls

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Gold Boarder
I found out that the unidentified plastic Borgward has a base plate extremely similar to a Siku plastic model, also the model itself looks a lot like a Siku plastic.

It is just the wheels that are totally different, maybe a cheap copy of the siku model?

These are Siku images:

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hubs tires and axles for the Rolls are not a problem to get after market. What is the 404 you mention as it is not listed in my catalogues? It is listed as the Coventry Climax Fork Lift. If I know what it is I can look up the parts for it.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Gold Boarder
The 404 is French Dinky 525 - Peugeot 404 commerciale. the Paint is reasonable and the lights are still attached.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
All that SF lists are the windows. No tailgates.

Rob at MCP lists a tailgate for the Peugeot.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PoliTom2

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
PoliTom2 wrote:
Three Dinky junkers I couldn't refuse

The challenge will be the rear door on the 404 and the wheels on the Rolls

Those "Original" Dinky 2cv's are Usually Quite expensive to pick up even a bad example of the breed. 

And Like Nobleco says Axels and Hubs for the Roller are available from a number of online suppliers on Ebay, or you could make your own axle from a bit of old scrap metal you may have lying around etc.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
Thank you for the tips, I indeed saw the backdoor at MCP and also the backseat of the 404 that is also missing.

To be honest I now think it is better to search for junkers than to buy models which are better looking but still far from perfect like the above Dinky Borgward.

I dont usually find much junkers though as I am not often able to visit toy fairs and such.

Also my restoring skills leave a bit to be desired. On the plus side I cleared the garage last weekend and can once again see the worktops so the space to restore is once again available. It is starting to itch again

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #9

Gold Boarder
This one turned up in small lot. I didn't know what to expect and after a little investigation it turned out that it is a Triang Scalex Minimodels  model.

I couldn't find it on the base plate which is pretty rusted, but the tires said Minimodels which gave it away.
This is the Maserati model.
The condition is actually pretty good apart from the rusty baseplate.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Nice looking car and a great find. I took a screen shot of your picture of the base and blew it up 400% and then took a screen shot of it as Paint does not work anymore I used Corel Draw and then exported it. Here is the picture. There is writing on the base besides the Made in England and the patent number. I can't read it but you may be able to discern what it says.

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #11

Gold Boarder
That's a very good picture you made, much more clear than in reality.

The other piece of text is actually upside down in that pic and reads Scalex Maserati with a little imagination:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #12

Very good find Tom, I have never seen this one before

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #13

Gold Boarder
Lots of small plastic, especially these Fleischmann, scale 1/120..I have three, but only two would fit on the coin

Three Eko Citroen Ami.

Eko Daf & Seat

A few Wikings: BMW, Ford Capri, Mercedes, Tatra & Ford Taunus

A Roco VW

A Pre-Praline Merc

Igra Skoda

Abrex Skoda Felicia

Two Monogram models

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #14

SUPERB!

Re: Just arrived... 2 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder