Hooper Bentley R type
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hooper Bentley R type

Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hooper coach building always impresses me. It is very pleasing if not stunning and above all so much different from the designs of H.J. Mulliner, James Young and Park Ward. Like this razor edged R type Bentley in rosé champagne gold with aqua marine upholstery; the same interior color I had in my Silver Shadow)

This design is called the Empress line, a name which belongs to Daimler cars; in fact it was not Hooper's idea to call this design Empress on any other car than a Daimler. The fender lines flattening and coming a vanishing point.

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #2

That is a beauty. If you have to chance a rear wheel, you certainly have to visit a garage

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
That is a beauty. If you have to chance a rear wheel, you certainly have to visit a garage

No that won't be really necessary, there is a simple way to get to the wheel, here an example:

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I was wondering how they would remove the tyre with that long wheel spat. Thanks

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
It wouldn't be a problem, surely one would get the person in the front seat to change the flat tyre ?  

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It's all covered in this handbook.

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Dinkydi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Hooper Bentley R type 3 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Owner drivers and or their chauffeurs of RR and Bentley (after 1931) motorcars, were encouraged by Rolls Royce to follow a course at the Rolls Royce School of Instruction.

There they were instructed about vital maintenance parts of the cars, the use of tools and all kinds of relevant knowledge which ensured proper attendance, treatment and use of their precious cars.

To enlist one had to follow a set of rules:

Apparently not everybody had the ability to follow such a course as this letter proves:

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: