Neo Phantom II Owen Sedanca Coupé by Gurney Nutting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Neo Phantom II Owen Sedanca Coupé by Gurney Nutting

Neo Phantom II Owen Sedanca Coupé by Gurney Nutting 3 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Last Sunday while attending the swap meet with Theo I had a running bid on a Neo Phantom II which was bound to end. My bid was high enough to win the model car.

The model was in a damaged, incomplete state which was reflected in the asking price. It needed a set of headlights and also the mascot was broken. No problem, a Solido Phantom III is an excellent part supplier and the car is now fully complete and presentable, the headlights are as good as new.

The real car was designed by coach builder John Gurney Nutting who started in the coach trade quite late in 1919. Before that he was a house builder and very capable craftsman. Although a late starter his experience grew very fast and his work was deemed to be of very high quality by non others than the royals; The Prince of Wales and the Duke of York. The chief designer  A.F. (MAC) McNeil later joined forces with James Young. Both Gurney Nutting and James Young were taken over by Jack Barclay, the most famous and biggest London Rolls Royce/Bentley dealership.

The picture below shows the giant sized bonnet of the Phantom II.

This is my second Neo Owen Sedanca Coupé, about a month ago I acquired this one:

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Neo Phantom II Owen Sedanca Coupé by Gurney Nutting 3 years, 4 months ago #2

Yes I can remember you did show the Ebay ad to me. A great addition and a good price too
  • Page: