Queen mother phantom V
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Queen mother phantom V

Queen mother phantom V 3 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
So your daughter is Queen Elisabeth II and she has got four Rolls Royce State Limousines (later that number rose to six); and you the Queen Mother, Elisabeth Bowes Lyon, have to make do with one or two Daimlers, so what next?

You order a Rolls Royce State Limousine, a Phantom V and not just an ordinary one (if that exists in RR circles); no it must be a top of the range landaulette so that everyone can see you in convertible splendour. Park Ward chassis 5CG37 of Feb. 1962.

A 1/43 replica by Classic Models from China came to me today, and here it is:

The Queen Mother died in March 2002, aged 101, she was not the oldest member of the Royal family, Princess Alice, the Duchess of Gloucester, reached the age of 102.

The car is still alive and now used by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Parker Bowles, the Duchess of Cornwall.

The landaulette part of the car has changed into something of a Quasimodo hunchback, probably done to contain the size of Camilla and the outrageous hats she is wearing.

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Queen mother phantom V 3 years, 4 months ago #2

Very good write up. How is the quality of the model Gerrit?

Re: Queen mother phantom V 3 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Very good write up. How is the quality of the model Gerrit?

The quality of these Chinese models (provided you don't buy ATC Models) has gone up considerably, and when you make a match between quality and price it is just fine by me. I would say 8,0 to 8,5/10. It cannot really compete with the best of Ilario, TSM, Neo, Matrix and such (who have the occasional mess up as well) but those require more coins to buy.

No generally I am quite happy, better than expected.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: