Lady Norfolk Phantom VI
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lady Norfolk Phantom VI

Lady Norfolk Phantom VI 4 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Her 6th and final Rolls Royce, acquired by Queen Elisabeth II in July 1987, was this Phantom VI, chassis # HWH10415.

It was the 12th last of the Phantom models built, and this one produced without a high roof and the big panoramic perspex rear window assembly. Instead the rear quarter light was extended rearwards about 6 inches, a thing which was not much liked by Rolls Royce itself, as a big portion of the back rest of the rear seat became very much visible. But all in all it gave the people a better view of the queen when sitting in this car.  
It also made the car look even longer than is already was and gave it a certain sleekness.

The car got the code name "Lady Norfolk" I am not sure why that name was given. What I know is that the "Norfolks" were the prime organizers of royal ceremonies (crowning/baptizing/funerals). Only the crowning of QERII herself was taken away from them and the chair was given to the Duke of Edinburgh. Maybe ERII wanted to make up for that after all those years.

This model is by Classic Models, bought in China. Three year ago I bought my first RR model in China and that was a huge disappointment. But the quality has improved considerably since it changed from ATC to Classic Models. Not only a re-branding. Still Mr. Ping and Pong are playing ping-pong with some details. This car does not have round auxiliary lights on the front as put on this model, but square ones. Never mind it was reasonably priced and it slipped through customs without duties to be paid.

Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Ecclesley.
  • Page: