Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only!

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #16

True, it\'s difficult at the moment, the new system is far better than this one, I\'m told. Easier search and adding pics to posts, and I myself can\'t wait to see it in action.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
It would be the first one that he referred to. The second one was my thread when I had a customer looking for a spare wheel and tire. The third is one of the Blogs and is in a separate section here on the site.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link(s). I\'d completely forgotten about the Firebird. The \'red spot\' wheels never made it to any catalogue. In 1969 it\'s presented with Golden Jacks and \'available later\' and in 1970 it\'s just a normal whizzwheels. The 1970 catalogue is, by the way, a very interesting study, being mid-transition, it contains old-style wheels, a few remaining Golden Jacks (some with the addition \'no longer produced\' ) and Whizzwheels, side by side.

Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by Teebodk. Reason: auto-smiley was not intended!

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #19

Administrator
Wow, thanks for sharing that! I\'ve never seen that image of the Firebird before.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
And here it is in the 1970 edition.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:

Thanks for the link(s). I\'d completely forgotten about the Firebird. The \'red spot\' wheels never made it to any catalogue. In 1969 it\'s presented with Golden Jacks and \'available later\' and in 1970 it\'s just a normal whizzwheels...
In the 1969 fold-out catalog for the USA (with Reeves price list in US$), they picture 4 red dots and 4 Golden Jacks - the Hillman Hunter with Concorde is on the cover!

red spot Whizwheels = 347 Astro 1, 342 Miura, 343 Firebird, 344 Ferrari Dino take-off wheels = Hillman Hunter, Mini-Marcos, Camaro, Rover (276 Olds Toro in pricelist only) 

All other pictures have the good, ol\' old-style wheels!

pic: i.ebayimg.com/01/!B+hVlbwB2k~$(KGrHqYOKp...3BM+7Cpuprw~~_12.JPG 

Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by karls.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 10 years, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Baskingshark wrote:
Wow, thanks for sharing that! I\'ve never seen that image of the Firebird before.

I distinctly remember uploading a lot of catalogues to TC at some point and it showed this page too...

now where did it go...

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I have been trying to find out if there are just one size tire for Golden Jacks hubs (15mm hollow fit) or if they also came in a larger size, say 17mm. Can anyone tell me??

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #24

Platinum Boarder
There were different wheels for different models , I believe the Rolls had the biggest wheels , then the Olsmobile , the Rover & Hunter, Corvette , Chevy , the Mini Marcos has the smallest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Will gonna take a look tomorrow.
I remember only two models have shared wheels.

But have to see about size. Although my old poor memory tells me the Marcos one are smaller than the Silver Shadow.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Andy and Corky. My customer is complaining as the tires for the Golden Jacks hubs I sell he says do not fit the Rover 2000 but they fit the Camero. The ones I have are 15mm smooth treaded tires, black with Corgi Toys embossed in the sidewalls of the tires. There is also a groove inside the tire so it fits the ridged hubs of the Golden Jacks. My problem is I don't have any Golden Jacks cars.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
A quick view.

I'm gonna give you the more accurate sizes as possible.

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>These are the original spare wheel packs I only have two different types the Rolls ones and the Corvette ones both rims are the same size 
early bird breakfast specials</p>
Last Edit: 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I'm affraid Corgi-Toys gave wrong information.

Because, as I have measured all wheels dimensions (depending on tyre pressure...) this is what I've found.
And looking at the picture showing all wheels together (here again).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re:Corgi 273 - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (golden jacks version) on E-bay now, UK-buyers only! 6 months, 2 weeks ago #30

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Thank you Andy and Corky. My customer is complaining as the tires for the Golden Jacks hubs I sell he says do not fit the Rover 2000 but they fit the Camero. The ones I have are 15mm smooth treaded tires, black with Corgi Toys embossed in the sidewalls of the tires. There is also a groove inside the tire so it fits the ridged hubs of the Golden Jacks. My problem is I don't have any Golden Jacks cars.
</p>
<p>I did put a Camaro tyre on a Rover hub, and it fits perfectly.</p>