My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016

My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #1

A sunny day, a few euros in my pocket and here we go, off to the car boot in Wijk aan Zee.
O
I came home with a few items that some of my fellow collectors certainly will like very much.

OK, let's start with my best find: an Oxford Diecast Routemaster bus in 1/76 which I did not have. That happens not to often, for my collection is over 400 RMs now

And then, two Volkswagen Golf, made by Lucky Toys. The police one on the left is a repaint in white, very nicely done. The one on the right is from a gift set with a caravan. The stickers are somewhat faded on the left hand side, but still present. I think I saw that caravan at the sellers stall too, but I am not sure. I am not a plastic car collector, but triggered by Andy's expertise and collection, I decided to buy these two too.

In the front, a mint and boxed (bubblewrapped) Mercedes Truck, made for the HEMA, in the era they still sold real toys. Not sure what make it is, shall remove the staples?

And finally, Rollerman watch this, a silver plated mint(ish) Rolls Royce Silver Ghost mounted on the original tray. Only the rear seat is missing, but that part is easily to obtain.

Here are some more detailed photos. Enjoy!

Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #2

Andy,
I browsed through your posts and saw you have the caravan. The Golfs are available for you.
Have you noticed that the front window tab that holds the window unit in place differs from your VW Golf? Mine is more to the middle and yours are in the A pillar corner
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice little haul you have got yourself Theo. Love the Bus and the plastic toys from Lucky and of course the Lesney 'Giftware' Rolls-Royce.

That particular example is from the 1968-69 production period and was especially modified from the normal production issue to have a more filled-in baseplate so mounting pillars could be cast for allowing the fitment onto ashtrays and trinket boxes etc, very nice and yes, it should be easy enough to find a rear seat. If you were in the UK, I would send you one through the post but I fear postage to your country will be rediculous for such an insignificant small item!

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #4

Thanks Kevin, I was pleased with the items too.

No I think that is large letter rate, which is not more than 3 UK pounds, which I am happy transfering to you

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Especially the silver one is really impressive Theo! What is the tray for anyway?
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #6

Ballpoints and pencils, it is not an ashtray

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
really pleased to see you have bought some plastic, nice scores , early 80's Lucky toys, if you get the chance to get that caravan get it as these sets fast become collectors searches.

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #8

Thanks Andy,
I have sent you a PM

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
litteltois - Do it, if it is only staples!  is it EFSI or NOREV?

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #10

Hi Karl,
it is made by Efsi. And the rear doors of the box open

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Very cool!

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #12

And the great thing is I managed to save the original staple
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: My score from the carboot last Sunday 14-08-2016 5 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
You are good!