My collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My collection

My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
As some of you know, I've been working on adding my collection to hobbyDB, and at the same time I've been rather quiet here.

I've already mentioned the main reason being, that most of my purchases these days are modern castings, and thus less interesting for the majority of Planet Diecast users.

I started adding my models early this year, starting with the (then) latest purchases and moving backwards from there. I've now reached early february 2013, that's 561 models, and I think there's enough there now to give a decent impression of what exactly it is that I've been buying in recent years, so I thought some of you might be interested in taking a look.

As you can see, it's 95% (or more) modern castings with just an occasional vintage model here and there. In the early days, I bought the models I used to own and love as a child, while these days I buy models of the cars I've known and loved. For this purpose, a detailed modern casting works better than a vintage toy.

I've only collected since late 2010, so you might think that after covering almost 3 years (2013-14-15), I'd be more than halfway... wrong! I inherited a reasonable sum of money in early 2011 and this sent me on a spending spree, while I also sold a lot of models on, earning even more money, so there are still roughly 2500 models to go!!!

Adding them all is a painstaking process, and one that's going to take a very long time, but hopefully I'll get there eventually. Oh, and because I'm moving backwards, the latest 46 purchases are missing as well

You can see my (ever growing) collection here: 

https://www.hobbydb.com/users/3423/collectibles

Re: My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi Teebo

I went and had a look at your (ever growing!) collection and it is very impresive, but I think you are pulling the wool over our Eyes and pretending the collection is bigger than it actually is, you are a very naughty person, I am sending a letter to your Mum!

I have spotted these double pictures.

Page 2, VW Golf Goal 2.0, 2 pictures.

''      Toyota Auris, 2 pictures.

Page 3, Alfasud 5 door, 2 pictures.

''      Ford Focus MkIII 5 door, 2 pictures.

Page 8, Mercedes-Benz 500 SE, 2 pictures.

Page 10, MAN TGL 12.240 Recovery Truck, 2 pictures.

Page 15, Volvo S80, 2 pictures.

''      Buick Regal "Kojak" car, 2 pictures.

Page 25, Volvo Amazon P130, 2 pictures.

Page 27, NSU Ro80, 2 pictures.

I know what you are doing is very hard and things like this happen, but at least you can now go and check and do a bit of editing.

Rollerman.

Re: My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Very impressive, there is a new Vangaurds avenger coming out based on a limited edition model from the 70's not sure if it was called the sunflower , it has a half covered roof in white vinyl as the model did it looks great.

Re: My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Rollerman, the double posts are not mistakes, they reflect doubles in my collection. Some, like the Corgi Kojak, have been doubled because they were parts of lots, others have been improved condition copies of existing models, but most of the doubles happened because I used to buy a lot for reselling, keeping one for myself, and sometimes I've been unable to get an acceptable price for my auctions on Qxl, so the doubles have stayed.

The MAN recovery truck was a special case - it was a very limited edition and I bought 2, one to keep and one to resell sometime in the future when it had become totally unavailable, so it's never been offered for sale yet.

Andy, I've seen the new Vanguards Avenger and I agree that it looks great. I've already considered getting it, but may wait a while to see if I can find it at a discount somewhere.

Re: My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #5

I had a quick look at some of the pages and I am very impressed.
Exactly what I expected, quality quality quality

Re: My collection 7 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
OK Teebo, thank's for the explanation, came just in time to stop me sending that letter to your Mum...!

Rollerman.
  • Page: