New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 (update)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 (update)

New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 (update) 5 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Here is a model I remember fondly from my teenage years... the poor man's Porsche 924. Had a nice black one showing opening doors and especially the rear hatch. A few years later added a red one which had the rear light stickers missing. A polizei was a recent addition as well as an orange racing car.

The focus this month and the next is on replacing and hunting for the color variants.

Focusing on one model actually helps curb my spending. I am only after this model and I think it is achievable to get them all in their original packaging for a reasonable price. Sometimes in my searching I still add those without their boxes. It's inevitable.

But once added comes the arduous task of replacing them.

Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 5 years, 3 months ago #2

These are still widely available, but often in played with condition and without its box. So it is good seeing a few different styled boxed ones

Re: New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 5 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thought I would replace my black one, only to find its a variant itself.
Got a few more on their way, and ofcourse a few more to find.

As long as the price is right even with the original box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 (update) 5 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Added quite a few variants to the Corgi porsche 924.

Two rally cars, two police cars, 4 color and trim variants, and the two 924/944 predecessor.

Missing the correct box for the Hella promo car. The police car uses the polizei box, a normal practice of typical corgi shortcuts.

Thought the box black porsche would be a replacement but one has a row of lights and the other a row of speakers similar to the police cars. The red porsche has the same, and the silver has a row of lights. Does not make sense with the boxes. Colors outstanding are met.gold and met.green.

The 924 with flares is the predecessor of the 944. There was an all black variant, an all black with askew porsche emblem, and one in red.

I'm aiming for boxed models. No real rush. It's the hunting that I like. 

Richard k

Re: New focus: Corgi Porsche 924 (update) 5 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Well, The hunt goes on, I see. How many porsche do you have in your collection now? Must be over 50?
  • Page: