Stands for Models
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stands for Models

Stands for Models 5 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I went to a Collectormania Toy and Hobby Fair today and bought a couple of things but what I did find is that someone is making triangular stands to support your models and protect the tyres.

I bought 4 for $5, they are made of resin and come in different colours, the ones I got are black and red.

Shown here under the Morris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, janwerner

Re: Stands for Models 5 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice things DD! I remember someone who did that as well, it saves the tyres of getting flat spots. This probably goes for someone who is into original tyres, as replacements can be replaced again, which will be cheaper in the end than buying those stands. Although they look very nice, do you think you can also make them yourself?
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Stands for Models 5 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That is really a very elegant and effective solution. I wonder, however, if several sizes and shapes are available, because hardly any model has the same size, base plate shape or height on its wheels. 

You may remember that I make these supports myself, custom made for each individual model. But I am always susceptible to innovating alternatives.

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by janwerner.

Re: Stands for Models 5 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I bought these for some "Dinkum Classics" models I have which are quite heavy and have odd size tyres which are not easy to replace.

Jan, I also make similar by simply cutting a strip of appropriate thickness MDF and painting that but I thought these more appealing.

I have had enough business dealings with the supplier to know that this is a test run to see reaction and if enough interest is generated here in Australia there may be follow up sizes.
Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Stands for Models 5 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks! Let's wait and see what happens ... Kind regards, Jan
  • Page: