Namac of today
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Namac of today

Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Went there together with Theo and met with Jan Werner and a couple of my dear friends.
I bought this:

1/43 GLM James Young Rolls Royce Silver Wraith

Made in Japan by Waco 1910 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, I think about 1/20 scale.

This is the non radio version, it lacks a headlight and two rear door handles, but some things are rattling in the chassis cavity, so maybe a surprise find waiting for me. No complaints for € 7,50. It needs a proper cleaning.

Here the radio version:
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #2

Well, it was another interesting day at the NAMAC fair. Meeting up with fellow collectors and browsing all the stalls

I came home with the following

Dinky 622 10 Ton Army truck. It is a smaller scale Foden, so that is why I bought it.

French Dinky 24F Peugeot 403. A candidate for chopping up and convert it into an ambulance like car.

2 beautifully restored Dinky Rolls Royces, that was a present from Ecclesley!!! Thanks

French Dinky 557 Citroen 3CV a bad repaint. It was up for grabs for 5 euros only. It is the first issue, with opening bonnet and boot a room for a spare tyre.

And finally the Mini Minor Stripey. just for a tenner

And of course, the Dinky Toys & Modelled Miniatures book by the Richardsons. 1986 edition
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
2 beautifully restored Dinky Rolls Royces, that was a present from Ecclesley!!! Thanks

You absolutely deserved it Theo.

I must borrow that book from you one day, Dinky literature at its mouthwatering best.

p.s. the red one is a Bentley...............

By the way that table you helped me with, arrived safely at the new owners home, but we could not get it through his front door. It was about 2 cm. too wide. But no problem, the sides of the table can be dismantled.
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
You had some good buys , I had a radio like that once it was a Coupe vintage car.

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
You had some good buys , I had a radio like that once it was a Coupe vintage car.

Andy, was it something like this?

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is it & it takes me back! My uncle bought me that for Christmas back in the late 70's, thank you

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Well done Theo, especially the Stripey has my attention! How good is it?

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I have some of those Silver Ghost radios...

...they are from left to right,

Full 'WACO' radio, 'WACO' minus radio and 'METALCRAFT' kit version.

Rollerman.

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #9

Keesie wrote:
Well done Theo, especially the Stripey has my attention! How good is it?

Thanks Kees,

I would say 7/10

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
If so, than it is a good one Theo. It looks even better wth the diorama box and the figures!

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #11

Thanks Kees,

Rob sells the figurines, I think about buying them. The box is sold also so perhaps I go for it.

Did you buy anything?

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I bought several, but I am doing some stories for each, which takes time. Still busy with nr one, the Daf33.

I do the Stripey box too.......

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #13

Thanks Kees, I shall keep that in mind

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I composed the box while I was on the other forum, a few years ago. Someone asked me if did a repro, which I did not at that time. Also there were repro boxes at that time for the model. So I made a box from internet pictures only! It was pretty difficult to do, and I am sure it is not the best, if there are more, but I am satisfied with it, here a picture.  

Re: Namac of today 5 years, 4 months ago #15

Thank you Kees, it looks very good
  • Page: