Todays finds by RoutemasterNL
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays finds by RoutemasterNL

Todays finds by RoutemasterNL 5 years, 6 months ago #1

At a large indoor fleamarket I found these:

A Dinky 127 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III. All opening features work, the rear number plate is still present as is the dashboard sticker. It needs a new front bumper. It is the green metallic one. What puzzles me is the following: according to the Ramsays, all have white interiors, mine has a red interior. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Then there was the 173 Nash Rambler in fairly good original condition. There is something about this car too that I found.

Accoirding to the same Ramsays, the spun hubs were only on the cars without the number on the baseplate. Mine has a umber on the baseplate AND spuin hubs. It has not been tampered with. So another odd one out?

And finally a Dinky 167 AC Aceca in repainted condition. Up for an overhaul

Re: Todays finds by RoutemasterNL 5 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hello Theo.

Your Silver Cloud is an early version with that index plate. It has the correct coloured seats, which on my listing is classed as Orange.

I have Six versions listed with Orange seats, then Five versions listed with pale Blue seats and then Five versions listed with the White seats.

White seats were fitted to the last bright Gold models, but in all the Red models up to the model's deletion in 1973.

I have kept the above as simple as possible as in reality the model was subjected to many modifications and the full listing is too vast for posting here.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: