Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale

Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #1

Today was the first of 6 carboot sales in Wijk aan Zee, a coastal village which is only 5km from where I live. So on my bike and 15 minutes later the hunt was on

I was there at 0900 hrs, so not too early, but hey, it's Sunday

I came home with quite a few finds, not only for my own collection/restorations buet also for resale.

1970-1975 Corgi Juniors 2001 Multi Garage in yellow with blue doors. It has some damage to the roof and to the doors, but it is complete.

Corgi 1127 Bedford Simon Snorkel fire engine. The paint is in very good condition. Missing 1 fireman only and both the mechanisms for lifting the boom

Then there is the Corgi 1130 Bedford horse trailer Chipperfiels. It came with 3 original horses. Both the cab and trailer are badly repainted, but the stickers on the canopy are there and in good condition as are the 3 side doors.

These items are for resale
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #2

The next lot are Dinky Toys and for my own collection/repaint

1956-1958 Dinky 171 Hudson Commodore Sedan. In light grey and midblue. It is the Highline issue, with midblue hubs.

The next one is the 1956-1958 Dinky 170 Ford Fordor Sedan, also the two tone Highline issue in pink and blue with blue ridged hubs. The cars name is cast inside the roof

Next up is the Dinky 135 Triumph 2000 Saloon. White with a blue roof, red interior and spun hubs. I think this was part of the Glider Giftset 118. What is special about this one, is the base. it is dark graphite grey, instead of light grey.

And finally a Dinky 254 Taxi. It was covered in silver paint, I soaked it for half an hour in hot water, and then I could remove most of the paint to reveal its true colors.

I think this is a restoration contestant

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #3

And finally two oddballs:

A Sabra Gamda Koor Volkswagen Beetke, which is missing the bumpers. I think I shall try making repro ones

And finally, the piece de resistence, an unknown plastic wind up car. If anyone has information on it, please let me know. No key, no name, nor a brand for identification.

My guess is it looks a bit like a Oldsmobile?

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Some really nice buys you have there, I like the plastic wind up car simple mechanics great toy.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Nice finds!  Especially all those cars.  I have no idea what the blue car is.  Maybe made in Hong Kong?  Nothing at all on the wheels in small print, I assume?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #6

Thanks Andy and Karl, I must say I am really intrigued with the blue plastic car.
There not a single letter on the car, so I am lost there.
Any ideas of which car it could be, is an Oldsmobile a good guess?

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
1940s Olds?  I am no good at that age of American cars.

Here is a 42 Chevy:

www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/images/col...1942/1942%20Chev.jpg

that has a similar grill...

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi
Grille & rear view shout Jowett Javelin to me but the 'filled' rear quarter panels says not.
Tatra ?
Good luck with 'I.D.,ing' it.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Here's a Jowett Javelin for reference (as seen at the 2014 CRAA race event)

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Great scores and really like the Highliners. Hard to find.
The VW you might turn it into a racer like Modifier does then you don't need bumpers. Ralley car or track racer?
The blue plastic car may be a generic model car. Looks like a chev but also a dodge. there should be a side rear window for them as the car looks like a 4 door.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #11

Expert Boarder
The Israeli Sabra Beetle is a hard toy to find minty condition.
Wish I could find one chipped up with good bumpers while it would make the PERFECT "Herbie" CODE 3 toy.

Nice finds there today,
Tom
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Theo, bear in mind you need three horses with the left front leg up, and three with the right front leg up for the 1130. If you are lucky I might have some spare parts for the Snorkel.

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #13

Thanks Kees,
I did not realise there is a difference with the horses. Thanks for pointing that out, learnt something again
It woulds be great if you could help me out with the Snorkel parts. Rob is not selling the missing items. I saw on the Internet that there are red and non painted parts
Are you coming to Houten this Saturday? If so we can meet up

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Speaking of the Sabra/Gamda Koor/Cragstan...

I had a weird one as a child, bought around 1970-71 when it came out. My book calls it ref# 8117-1 "Volkswagen 1300 Hippie's"

The Gamdas were never sold in large numbers here - in fact they may only have been sold for a short period, in which I managed to get a Chevelle, an Impala taxi and this weird beetle, orange/brown with flower stickers. I quite liked it back then, but the Teknos, Corgis and Dinkys made more of a lasting impression, so as the years went by, it faded from my memory.

When I started collecting again in 2010 and the memories of childhood toys started coming back, this one was not included in that 'inner view movie' and since I never saw it on auction sites either, it remained forgotten for a long time... until suddenly:

One day while browsing for interesting stuff, suddenly, there it was - and in very good condition too. Price wasn't high either, so without hesitation I bid, and ended up winning it.

If it hadn't been for that one lucky coincidence, this little car would probably have remained forgotten, since I've never seen a single other copy for sale since that day, but I don't care, cause that one car now has its rightful place in what I call my "childhood collection cabinet"

(photos from the auction)

Re: Todays finds (10 April 2016) at the carboot sale 5 years, 7 months ago #15

thanks Tee,
the photos give a good impression of the bumpers I have to make.
The cars are well made, with good detail. I think they are somewhat underrated
  • Page: