dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed

dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
got this today probably first and only one i get boxed, very good condition except on the back of tanker alot of the paintwork has worn away should be able to sort it but not quite sure what colour it is.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #2

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Very nice find indeed! You should have no problem with the colour as Flowers is selling computer matched paint. I would think twice about repainting it though as it is an original in the original box. Painting it may diminish its value.

Cam 

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Looks like the earlier first type grille too.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
yep jim she\'s the early type well over the moon about this one, and cheers for the advive cam the tank is missing paint from either side and the back
so bit of a what to or not? in the rare green box also.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #5

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Hang tough until you find another truck in better shape to mate with the box. Then have a blast repainting this one. (Or just send it over to me as I don\'t have one!)

Glad it fits so well in your collection.

Cam 

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
fits very well in the collection cheers cam, need to know what colour the tank is so i can respray it, as paint has
flaked of both sides and back, p.s cam she\'s staying with me paid £98.50 for her my most exspensive purchase yet.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #7

Cam

Platinum Boarder
The main thing is you are pleased with it. I betcha Jim could help with the colour. He has a load of computer matched paints so should be able to identify it for you.

Cam 

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
hopefully jim can help theres no other to take advice from than him.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Well, I don\'t know if I would go that far Jay, there are a number of very knowledgeable people here.  As to the color, I will see what I can do as there are about 4 or 5 blues that are very close. Back in a minute

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
cheers jim.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I should have a better picture if I can.  At a guess right now the dark blue is #20 Dark Blue, #21 Med Blue or #24 Azure Blue. I am thinking the latter. The light blue for the tanker I think is #39 Sea blue. SF lists is for the 501/901 Foden Tanker Back. If the dark blue is the same as the 501/901 Regent  Foden Cab the it would be #38 Mauve Blue. Need better pictures or a model you have that is listed in my paints.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
cheers jim, i need batteries for my carmera so i need to take more pics to show will get tomorrow, i dont wanna paint or spray the wrong colour, dont wanna ruin it even more.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
dinkyjay--nice model of the Foden....I sure wonder what made the paint flake like that on the rear of the tank....seems very strange to me for sure, but the rest of it looks pretty good, at least from the photo you sent.
    Jim, I happen to have this same model, same color and I can send you some good quality closeups with good lighting if it would help.  I am out of town until next Monday, so let me know if I can be of help.

Terry

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
thanks terry some close up shots would be nice cheers.

Re:dinky supertoys foden tanker boxed 11 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I don\'t really care who sends me photos, just the better they are the closer match to color I can get. Terry\'s photos have always been very good so send away, buddy. The tanker body should be easy to get off the truck too and then you can take off the ladders and the end caps and to a proper job of it. As far as the paint flaking off like that, it is probably due to improper prep. Dinky did not use primer in the day so if the metal was not washed off properly the residue from the pressing (oils) would still be there. The paint hangs in good at first but when subjected to any stress it will crack and eventually peel in sheets like your is doing. Best to repaint in as close to the original color as possible

• Page: