New arrivals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New arrivals

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1186

Platinum Boarder
I found a good picture on the www from the Corgi Spiderbike. I copied the picture and with 'paint' i got the decal. Then i flipped that decal horizontally and voila, 2 decals.

web upload for forums
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1187

Platinum Boarder
Hell your a clever person with this sort of art thingy. I don't know if I have asked this question before. So if you don't mind me asking, then what type of program do you use for your art work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1188

Platinum Boarder
I believe it is Microsoft's Paint program that comes with MS Office. I have it myself but don't use it for decals. I use Corel Draw 11 Has all the sizing features and is great for doing duplicate decals spaced properly so you don't waste decal paper which is around $2.00 US per sheet now. Maybe more as it has been quite a while since I looked at those prices.

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1189

Platinum Boarder
<p>I take a picture that i find on the www and save it. Than i use microsoft paint to make the picture smaller to just what i want.Then i messure how big the decal must be. Then i use open office 4 and the option 'tekening' In open office you can put how big the picture(l x b) must be. When i have the decal for one side you can use the option flip hoprizontally so you have the decals for both sides. Then i print it and cut the decals out.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1190

Platinum Boarder
tekening is Dutch and means Drawing for those of us who do not speak Dutch.
Your decals look very good and the colors are vibrant.
Very similar to what I do in Corel Draw. Most of the decals I do I actually have to draw or make myself as the pictures I get are not the right size to do what you use. Making them I have greater control but I am not an artist so only really make simple decals like stripes for the Cranes or roundels for air planes. I did make up Herbie the Love Bug decals also from scratch and they are one of my better selling decal sets. When it comes to something like what you have on the Bat Bike, I tend to buy them.

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1191

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for those added tips of using Microsoft Office 4 as I do have this program as well as Paint which I have been using for ages. Well it has been a long time since Microsoft introduced this program in its basic form. I new I could not flip a image in Paint. Yes I have done the basics in Paint them transferred the image into Office to finish off the sizing and printing. Cheers keep up your fantastic work.

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1192

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim. Coral Draw has been around for a long time and I think it may have been around the mid 1990's, if my memory is correct these days, when I was trying to learn how to use computers in their basic form. Of course this is well before I went onto the internet which was slow as back then anyway.

Re: New arrivals 1 year ago #1193

Platinum Boarder
Very true Jim, very true.

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1194

Platinum Boarder
This is what i'm going to do:

Corgi Batmobile, Corgi Chevrolet Impala.

Chevrolet Impala Fire Chief and Chevrolet Impala State Patrol.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1195

Platinum Boarder
These are looking great so far. Keep it up

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1196

Platinum Boarder
Does anybody knows what paint to use for a Corgi Ecurie Ecosse?
I think blue metallic but i'm not sure.
I want to restore 2 Ecurie Ecosse.

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1197

Platinum Boarder
There are two shades of blue for the Ecurie Ecosse. Light blue and Dark Blue. I used the Dark Blue for mine. I used Dupi-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive paint. Called Intense Blue Pearl number CBCC0422. It is a Chrysler Color. Here is what it looks like.

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1198

Platinum Boarder
Above that should read Dupli-Color

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1199

Platinum Boarder
Looking good so far Chacca and the colour that Jim has supplied looks great too. Might paint one of my vintage Victa lawn mower's that colour too.

Re: New arrivals 1 month ago #1200

Platinum Boarder
Good Morning Jim. How is your Sunday going so far. Still Saturday late afternoon here. Cold today and rain the last 5 or 6 days with sunny and 24°C for mid week.