New arrivals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New arrivals

New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Got these today, a

firetruck, the policeman for the Land Rover Vigilant and a lot of animals.
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see you have the Cop for the Vigilant.
Those animials will go well with your Chipperfields. Now you just have to find the cages and vehicles they go with. The hunt just keeps going. The more you buy the more that needs to be bought. LOL
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That's a good buy there , are a couple of the loin's & tiger's from the Corgi Daktari set?

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The two giraffes and the 2 lions from the chipperfield circus and the rest of the lions i don't know.

They came in 1 big cheap lot.

I got the cages from the chipperfield circus but i have to restore them.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Giraffe's from the Chipperfields Circus set and one should be smaller than the other as it is the baby. Also the Tigers standing and laying flat are from the Chipperfields sets.. The Lions with Paw in the air are for both sets but my book shows black mane for the Chipperfields and brown mane for the Lions of Longleat. The lioness for the Longleat set is crouching with head down, not laying down and is the same lioness for the Chipperfields. The Longleat set also had chucks of Meat for the lions to eat and a red barrel for jumping over and playing with. I do not know what set the two Lions in the front are from.

Forgot to mention that the red box thing is for your Vigilant Police car and holds the signs for the road blocks and slides into the rear of the car. Nice to see you have one of the yellow traffic cones too. I am looking for those myself as I have the set but missing the cones.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thank you.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Here's my Daktari set.

You'll see a hole underneath the tiger figure to fix onto the bonnet of the Land Rover.

The lion, with what looks like poor detailing to the eyes, is Clarence the cross-eyed Lion.

Paula sits on Clarence in the set and Clarence has glasses.

Also in the set, Dr Tracy holds Judy the chimp and has a stethescope.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I thought this as I had the set as a kid , my one had tyres. This is a very nice set CorgiCrosseyed, did you make your name up from Clarence?

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Some interesting fact from Wikipedia.

Daktari was based upon the 1965 film Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion, which also stars Marshal Thompson as Dr. Tracy and Cheryl Miller as his daughter.

Daktari (Swahili for "doctor") is an American children's drama series that aired on CBS between 1966 and 1969.

On the series, Clarence didn't do all his own stunts, he also had a stand in. Leo, another Ralph Helfer-trained lion, doubled for Clarence whenever there were any trucks involved, since Clarence spooked at the sight of these vehicles. Leo even had his own makeup artist who applied cosmetic scarring like Clarence's, so that he would resemble Clarence when photographed in closeups. This was referred to in an inside joke from the preview trailer for the movie Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion, that Leo (who also appeared in the MGM logo and had a gentle temperament very similar to Clarence's) was not related to Clarence.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Some interesting facts Nobleco, I remember the programe Daktari from my summer holiday's it remains in my memories with Robinson Cruiso , Flipper ,The Three Muskatiers , The Double Decker's & The Banana Splits.
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
I thought this as I had the set as a kid , my one had tyres. This is a very nice set CorgiCrosseyed, did you make your name up from Clarence?

I also have the earlier Daktari set with tyres as well as a more recent one.

I certainly thought of Clarence when I used the word Crosseyed.

But it really originated with the thought that collecting so many Corgis over the years is a bit demented so CorgiCrossEyed seemed to sum it up for me.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I think that is a brilliant username for forums and agree that collecting so many models of a certain type could make you Cross Eyed and I am glad you don't mind us shortening it to just "CCE" on occasions.

Rollerman.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I found two signs for the road block, made the decals myself. I think i have an idea for making the cones.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Good for you and I would be interested in seeing what you do to make cones. I need a set for mine.

Re: New arrivals 4 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Today this in the mail, 6 cones included.