Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\"

Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #1

ya know how you come across things you just can\'t leave the store without? That happens to me every time I go into our local Dollar General store. I always head straight for the toy section! I\'ve found some insanely cool stuff there over the years! Today was no different. i found a rack of 1/64 Maisto cars and I couldn\'t resist! Hey, they were 2 for $3!!!! Anyway here\'s the first, a Mercedes SL 55 AMG.it\'s so cool I just had to have it!!!
Maisto_Mercedes_SL_55_AMG_1.jpg

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #2

And heres the back shot! I think I got the closeup thing with the camera down pat!! LOL!!
Maisto_Mercedes_SL_55_AMG_2.jpg

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #3

And here\'s the other one I just couldn\'t live without!! A chopped and lowered VW Beetle! the rest of the rack was filled with different colors of mercedes and Cadillac Escalades. But this was the last and only Beetle!! Way Kool!!
Maisto_VW_Beetle_1.jpg

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #4

And the back end shot! Who don\'t like a Beetle??!!!
Maisto_VW_Beetle_2.jpg

Last Edit: 13 years ago by Hippie.

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hey, looks like you do have the close up shots looking much better. Nice models but I am not into them much.

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #6

That\'s how i kinda dabble in diecast. if it catches my eye then I buy it! I lost a ton of Hot Wheels and others in that darned fire! And i\'m still finding stuff almost 2 years later! And I STILL cruise the toy car section a Walmart when I\'m shopping!! They are aweful darn hard to resist!! LOL!!
One thing i noted about these is they are not riveted together, they have screws!!! Very interesting!

Re:Maisto \"Custom Shop Series\" 13 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
i would think that a machine would be easier on a toy if it was screwed together rather than riveted. Might be the reason. Could be done by automation too withour harming the toy, I would think. The old way was done by hand by holding the model in a machine.
Diecast Toyguy (nobleco)
  • Page: