Large Peterbuilt Transporter.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Large Peterbuilt Transporter.

Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hi,I picked this up on the weekend. Its 1/24 and appears to be in good condition.

...not been tested yet as I have no batteries.
Regards,Frame.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is huge. Must be about a foot and a half long. You will have to let us know how well it works when you get batteries. Nice find.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Just measured it, 31 inches! Must have a large motor as its die-cast and very heavy...especially with these on board.
Frame.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
So, with the tail gate down it is almost 3 feet long. If unloading or loading you will need about 3.5 to 4 feet to maneuver in. Wow, big model.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
So what is the makers name cannot read it thanks.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I am not familiar with these....does the motor propel the unit? If it is that large, so you will quite a bit of room to manuever......very nice!
Terry

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Its come from a company called Radio Elecon in Hertford UK according to the warranty and instructions. Its supposed to have forward and rev. gears and engine sounds that kick in when the truck moves. Automatic coupling which raises the trailer legs and direction indicators...Doubtfull if much (any) of it works.
Frame.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
looks well played with.

good enough for 5 minutes of fun

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Should be,if not it will serve as a display for some larger cars that some dont usually put out.
Frame.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
It would be a nice way to display some of your toys in a smaller area along with the carrier. I have a few carriers, some to redo, but they all have full loads.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #11

I\'ve tried to bid on a couple of these on evilpay, and gave up. They are nice, but eat batteries for breakfast. Invest in NiCads or some other kind of rechargeable if you are going to run it. I\'d have jumped in earlier, just got back from a weeks worth of torture, er, vacation, camping and see I\'ve missed quite a bit.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Welcome back Rob, did you catch the big one??? Maybe a few pics in the appropriate thread. Maybe in Social

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #13

No pics, left the camera home, along with my earplugs and MP3. Spent most of the second day drying out, don\'t go camping in monsoon season I told them....

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Hey, all part of the experience. What were you fishing for. I usually went for Rainbow Trout or Chinook (Spring) Salmon.

Re:Large Peterbuilt Transporter. 11 years, 4 months ago #15

Didn\'t do any fishing, though the lakes and rivers are full of Rainbow and German trout up in the Gila.

The Peterbilt you have is a second generation 359 with the big window cab. I\'m curious to see if you can make it run. I\'d still like to get my hands on one, eventually.

Nice bass, played a Gibson Ripper for a while back in the early 80s, thing was a bit too heavy, sounded great though.
  • Page: