dinky supertoys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: dinky supertoys

dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
got these today in the post, been after a mighty antar for a while as it is part of my towns heritage did not think i\'d get my hands on this one though, and thought i get elevator loader as it was fairly cheap and in vgc in the early blue box and is my first boxed supertoy.
DSC00331.JPG

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
dinkyjay---nice addition to your collection and congrats on getting a nice boxed Supertoy!  I think you can buy a replacment propeller for the Mighty Antar if you want to get it back to original.  I was able to buy one of those Mighty Antar low loader with prop almost mint with box several years ago and it is a nice model, with lots of detail.

Terry

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
986 Mighty Antar was issued with a different low loader (as depicted) than the 908 issue which had the marine engine or something similar to that nature of expression carried on the tank transporter rig.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #4

OK, I\'m lost. What propeller? Am I missing something? Fill me in, please.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
its the propeller that originally came with the antar, you can get repro\'s on ebay so i\'m told.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Here Ya go Rob these are a couple of scans from one of my books. You can see the difference in the trailer section for the two trucks. 908 and 986
This is the propeller that is being talked about. The other version is at the bottom of the second picture with an engine on it for a load.

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
this is indeed a lucky find.

thanks for sharing.

currently only have an army version I was pleased to get cheap. However the tank set me back a bit, and am waiting for a couple of parts.

Haven\'t run into the civies yet, as there were a couple of versions, both with ship parts.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
next on my list is a couple of fodens and guys and some big bedfords, i realy do like the supertoys but they are big and need big space to display them.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #9

Thanks Jim, got planes on my mind and propeller=planes today. Didn\'t think about ship prop as a load.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Dinkyjay--
After seeing your pic of the Mighty Antar Low Loader I thought you might like to see a mint one with the box....it also shows the propeller load real well.  It is a nice model with lots of detail...I just wish I had the version with the transformer as well.  I do have the French version of that, which is similar, but a different cab..the Berliet truck.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
that is indeed a very nice antar mint and boxed, now i see what the four holes are for in the trailer,to get a model as good condition as that i\'d need to win the lottery.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Very nice box set there Dinky Fan would cost a arm and a leg here in Australia for one of those rigs.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Jim--
Thanks for the compliment.....that model did set me back a few bucks when I bought it on eBay several years ago!
With the discussion about the Mighty Antar version with the Transformer Load, I thought it might be of interest to show what that transformer actually looked like.  I do not have the Mighty Antar version, but I do have the French Dinky Supertoys # 898, which is the Berliet tractor cab with a rear trailer.....very similar to the Antar.  It has lots of interesting detail behind the cab, not sure if the pictures will show it...there is a shovel and axe, coils of rope, etc. cast into the back area.  Also, the underside of the trailer shows that they used smaller tires than the tractor.  Finally, there is a close up of the industrial size transformer, which happens to be the same used on the Mighty Antar.
Terry

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by dinkyfan.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Terry. There seems to be a lot of detail in the back of that tractor. 2 spare tires too, nice touch.  I notice a couple of things about this model that I find interesting. It has supertoy tires on the later version plastic hubs. Also the trailer has what look like late (post war) cast hubs with 15 mm smooth tires on them. These are the tires most cars and vans have in the Dinky Line. Nice to see the transformer up close like this.

Re:dinky supertoys 11 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Hi Terry, is the transformer plastic or diecast?
  • Page: