Another day at the fleamarket.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Another day at the fleamarket.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Ah, it is actually the 275 Rover and the spare Take off Wheel Hub (Golden Jack) is available and so is the black plastic spare wheel holder unit. So it must be fairly easy to replace the unit by taking the car apart if the lid does not lift up. They are available through my supplier so I also assume from Rob as well.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Of course there are tow coupling hitches and balls used these days.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #63

Platinum Boarder
Insightman wrote:
Sorry for confusion:

The spare tire on the trunk lid is embedded in a case.

The corresponding, upper (round) lid of this case is missing...

My supplier lists is as a complete unti, black plastic spare wheel holder unit. I am assuming that there is a hub and tire in it as well. If not, what is in the holder would come with the new unit. I don't have one to compare too. Can you tell if the wheel comes out or not?

I can ask my supplier about it if you wish.  It is not cheap though as my cost is £3.10 and I have to make a profit and also pay for ebay and pay pal costs on top of that. Would probably be about $15.00 US on my store.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #64

Gold Boarder
Thanks for the offer, but one  can gain the spare unit here in Europe for 5€, no problem.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Yes, from Rob. That I know. Same price as SF. I was just saying what it would cost on my ebay store as I have to pay large postage to get it here with a large order I do once a month or more. I have fees etc to pay and you will have to pay the postage for getting it from England or Holland. You would also have to pay more postage to get it from me here in Canada. Just information.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #66

Platinum Boarder
I purchased this part a long while ago from SF. You do need to remove the base from the model in order to replace the spare compartment. The spare compartment lid opens and closes but remains attached to the bottom "hinged" like so you cannot juts replace the top. The wheel and hub does not come with the compartment. Yes, the wheel does come out. The original Corgi design I expect was the wheel was removable so kids could replace one of the wheels on this Golden Jack model.

Great play value. Speed your car around the dining room floor and blow a flat on a crumb from last night's dinner. No worries! Prop up the golden jack from the underside of the model, slide the damaged wheel off and replace it with the spare from the boot. Away you go again

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Here the pictures, which are on the net as wel, but these are mine. As Tick said, the lid opens, and the lid is ONE piece with the bottom.

I have two of these models with repro boxes for sale right now.

Last Edit: 5 years, 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #68

Gold Boarder
I am not that purist, honestly spoken.

Applying just a lid in order to make it look more genuine would suit my needs...

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Keep an eye out for some small plastic caps off items like tubes of glue or even a small button just fill the holes & paint it matt black

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #70

Platinum Boarder
There we go another good tip plastic caps come in handy.

Re: Another day at the fleamarket. 5 years, 1 month ago #71

Platinum Boarder
you could order the spare part and just cut the top half from the bottom and stick it on. It wont be hinged but it will look the part of the original and you wont have to take the model apart.