Trio of Jags
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trio of Jags

Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
With the announcement of the chrome SS1 Jaguar Airline the day before yesterday, I already mentioned further growth of my Jaguar stable:

These two came in today:

On the right, a grey Altaya Jaguar MK VII. I did not know about the existence this model, I more or less stumbled upon it on the Dutch site of Marktplaats. I have Altaya's Monte Carlo Rally MK VII, but this was absolutely new to me. Therefore very happy.

To the left of it, the police version Jaguar MK VII from the Blake and Mortimer comics series: L'affaire Francis Blake. This the second MK VII from this production. The yellow one from La Machination Voronov (the Voronov conspiracy) also in my collection.

A third is on its way, a two tone Atlas Jaguar MK VII

The Voronov car:

Waiting for the Atlas model to arrive:

Last Edit: 6 years, 1 month ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #2

That is a good score Gerrit, the cars are great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Well Theo, I was three times lucky with these purchases, they don't come any better.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
And a good documentation to go with the models! Do you intend to collect all the Blake & Mortimer models Gerrit?

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
And a good documentation to go with the models! Do you intend to collect all the Blake & Mortimer models Gerrit?

No the only one I am still pining for is the Bentley from Le Serment De Cinq Lords.

That will complete my preferred B&M line up and complements the Voronov Bentley already with me.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
They look really well, a friend of mine who died had a soft spot for the MK9

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
They look really well, a friend of mine who died had a soft spot for the MK9

Your friend had a good taste.

I really do love this type of Jaguar, I even contemplate to buy one if the occasion is right, which also means selling my Rolls Royce. A MKI is also very tempting. Your Triang collection always gets me tinkering with ideas.

My 1/43 collecting houses two MK IX's, three MK VIII's, one MK VIIM (the Queen Mother's car) and ten MK VII's.

I am still looking for this sherwood green/black MK IX from Oxford Diecast. It came out 2 years ago and has more or less disappeared from the shops. I know one that is for sale, but the seller wants double the value.

A new imperial maroon/black MK IX will be produced by Oxford soon:

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Blake & Mortimer is not translated into the UK so not many collectors have the models, they do not even turn up at UK toy fairs because I would love to get those Bentley models.

Can Gerrit or Stephane ("Corky"), do a nice set of clear photographs for us collectors who do not have the Bentley or create a 'Blake & Mortimer' thread and show as many models as you can, does that sound like a good idea?

Rollerman.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
That sounds like an excellent idea, I know Stéphane owns the R type for sure but I don't know if he has the green machine as well. I will ask him if he is willing and able to help or not.

By the way are your sure about the translation, I have an English copy here:

By the way Kevin these B&M cars are pretty well available at EBAY France at sometimes very reasonable prices. There is also a chance to find one at the NAMAC. The last time I saw the R Type there, it cost only a tenner.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thank's Gerrit, yes I know there are English editions, but there does not seem to be a distributor of them for the UK.

I am afraid I do not do Ebaying, there seems to be so much wrong with the system regards postal costs and other issues from what is posted by members on Nick Jones's VBD forum, I have never felt I could control my spending which considering my limited income would be a problem, so the odd item I have sourced from Ebay has been done for me and I then just give them the cash equivalent and so far it works. 

This does mean of course I miss out on a lot of models, hoping One Day they will be found at a toy fair, a very long-winded and slow way of collecting models...!

Rollerman.

Re: Trio of Jags 6 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
The Atlas Jaguar MK VII arrived today. It really looks the part in its cream over white  livery.

However a MKVII (recognizable by the split front windscreen) with a two tone livery and a chrome strip on the sides is rather an odd one out. This configuration more a feature of the MK VIII and MK IX (no split windscreen).

• Page: