Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun

Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun 11 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I have been chasing one of these for awhile and finally I have one to go with the Britain\'s and 21st Century guns I have in my collection.

Front view with the Britain\'s on the left and the Crescent on the right.

The Crescent is a lot smaller than the Britain, also the Crescent has the standard pull back spring firing mechanism where the Britain\'s has the working breach loading type with a shell casing. Elevation is same as the 5.5 inch Crescent gun and tightens with the hand screw on the right side of the gun.

Re:Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun 11 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Anyway I am happy and I might get one of the plastic kit forms to put together one day.

Re:Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun 11 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice guns, Jim. I have a couple of Dinky ones but one has a broken barrel. I have a replacement for it but have to do it yet.
Thanks for the comparison

Re:Crescent 155 mm Long Tom Gun 11 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yes I know what you mean as I must start on the Dinky Cranes. Been restoring a old Britains Navel Gun with Depose (registration) number on side of barrel, wheels and gun carriage. Had to put a tin plate gusset into the gun carriage barrel support hole. Super glue and filled around with two part epoxy. Pretty old as the gun is casted in lead with antimony added to harden the lead. Any heat would melt it I think. So thanks for your comments Jim.
  • Page: