Three New Atlas for my collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Three New Atlas for my collection

Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I thought that I would try to get one of the 36A Willeme logging trucks from Atlas like Theo did a while ago. Well it arrived about a week ago and is still not out of the box. I just bought a 32E Berliet Fire truck and a 571 Saviem Van with Horse and Scully. Here are some pictures from the Auctions.

After all, it will soon be my birthday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, dinkyjay

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #2

They are great, I saw a few of those at the NAMAC fair. Very good quality.
You did well there Jim

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo. The Log Truck cost about $35.00 US. The Fire truck was $22.00 and the Sulky Van and horse was $26.00. Free shipping on all three. The last two are on their way and should be here by the end of October. They are really nice additions to my small Atlas collection.

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #4

And you bought them for the right price too, Cool!

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Helps if you are always watching for deals and then bid bid bid like I do. Always at least 3 bids once I am on top. I find this discourages bidders as they do not know how high I have gone so don't bid at all. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I do have a set price I will bid though and don't go over that.

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Jim these are great and a nice gift for your birthday. The detail on these is very good.

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jay. I am still waiting for the last two to arrive. The Logging truck is really nice and I still have to find some dry sticks for it. All I have right now in the yard is living branches and I want dead dry ones. Will go looking this coming weekend I think,

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #8

I know there are lots of trees in Canada

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
You got that right, Theo. I just have to go out and find some dead branches.

Here is some of BC, probably about the size if the UK if not larger. You can see my place marked and also Kelowna on the upper left. That is a 2 hour drive away.

All that green you see is forest, not brush but Dense Forest so lots to choose from

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #10

Wow Jim,

these distances are amazing. I just got back this weekend from Germany, took me only 3 hours to drive there and I felt like I was on holiday

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
You can see Vernon above Kelowna, that is about 3 hours away, maybe less. We are the second largest country in the world behind Russia, even larger that China. We can fit about 8 of Great Britain inside BC and more than one inside Vancouver Island.

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #12

Junior Boarder
I diid the same lately i bought the saviem and sulky, the two citroëns wth and without trunk and the peugeot 402 taxi, and know i am waiting for the postman to deliver them.I bought these miniatures for one reason the dinky toys for the same model are out of my reach.

Re: Three New Atlas for my collection 6 years, 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I agree with you boumpa, real expensive if you want an original in really nice condition. That is why I buy the Atlas line.
  • Page: