Spot On Magicar set.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spot On Magicar set.

Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Found and bought this set, consisting of a Rolls Royce SC3 and Bentley S3 as well as a Ferrari 500 Superfast plus track accessories. I am sure that the € 35,-- I paid for the lot is a helluva bargain.

Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wow Gerrit, you do find them, that is another give-away price and it looks to be in very good condition.

I had a similar set with the same cars but not so much track but a Horse and crossing gates for it.

Models and sets marketed under the 'MAGICAR' name came out in 1965. Other cars available were a Jaguar Mk 10 and the 'Batmobile'.

The Bentley has only been seen in that nice Medium Blue, but the Rolls-Royce can be found dressed-up as the "Riddler's" Rolls-m Royce and moulded in Orange.

Separate bodies were sold in their own box.

You might recognize the Silver Cloud Grille and bumper, it is the same as the one used on the Spot-On 'Royal' Rolls-Royce.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice set. Never seen one over here in Canada although there are sets like that sold in N. America. Thanks for showing. It is special in that condition.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Kevin and Jim.

It is just amazing, considering that at present three of these sets are on offer on Ebay ranging from 145, 150 to 225 pounds respectively. A single Bentley model for 60 and a Jag for 130 quid.

I was stunned to see it come my way for that ridiculous price and most important of all, I so badly wanted these Rolls Royce and Bentley models in my collection.

Okay it may have been a murky rainy day but the sun shone on my side.
Last Edit: 6 years, 2 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #5

Gerrit do you have a magic wand?

What an incredible find.
Look at the inner tray, it is as crisp and clean, NEW condition

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is a really good price, I have a damaged red Rolls, the Spot On Batman car was made in this series as Rollerman says this commands a high price , well done on this buy

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Gerrit do you have a magic wand?

What an incredible find.
Look at the inner tray, it is as crisp and clean, NEW condition

I never ever expected this to come up on Marktplaats. But it did. I was the third bidder, the first two biddings 10 to 5 euro below the asking price; that is when I struck and got a reply within a minute.

Seller, living near Venlo (160 km. away), asked me if would please pick it up instead of letting him send the huge box. I said no, that would be way out of my area, and moreover you offered dispatch by postal parcel, so please follow up. Which he did.

I transferred the money and he reserved it.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
That is a really good price, I have a damaged red Rolls, the Spot On Batman car was made in this series as Rollerman says this commands a high price , well done on this buy

Thanks Andy, a Magicar Batmobile sold for over 300 quid I guess, (best bid accepted on an asking price of 399), recently.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Batmobile in it's own box is un-numbered...

...only as part of a Three model set is it catalogued as '982.

Very hard to fine and as shown by Gerrit, very expensive!

Rollerman.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
Three model set is it catalogued as '982.

Rollerman.

You mean this set with the Riddler's Rolls Royce and Mr. Freeze's Ferrari

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that's the set, catalogue number 982, but the 'Batmobile' separately does not show a number on it's own box and reference material say it is #905 or #505, so that is why I did not offer a number with the earlier picture I posted.

The Ferrari in the normal sets is always bright Red.

I wonder what Rolls-Royce thought about the set with a Rolls-Royce being linked to 'Batman'...!

Rollerman.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
The collector of the Batman set also has a Captain Scarlet set which he quotes as Magicar set 5

A set also produced by Rovex:

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Got the set today and it is all in rather good condition. As you might expect, the Rolls Royce and Bentley the most important for me, the further contents of the box does not appeal to me at all. I will probably try to sell it off to someone who owns the cars but not the track pieces.

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #14

Theu are great. as I said last Saturday, if I were you I would keep the rest...

Re: Spot On Magicar set. 6 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Theo ,put the box away a good set like that would appeal to more collectors if you wished to sell .
  • Page: