Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes...

Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
call me crazy like a fox... just won an exciting bidwar against all the wheelers and dealers that sought the same opportunity I did... 
12x Dinky Toys with a couple of rare htf finds.

So what do we have here?
a black Triumph, the Vega Coach, next row: Citroen 2CV, Packard Victoria, and a couple of London Taxi\'s, and a 2-tone Morris Oxford.
swing down to the Renault 4TL, a very htf original \'ANWB-Wegenwacht\' Citroen 2CV van with the logo, and a Bedford van.
Second picture is of a Leyland Octopus Tanker with damaged hull, and a Daimler Ambulance.

I broke my budget and went extraordinarily high to get this collection. I calculated they\'re NZ$34 per car, probably GBP 10 each, or US$20 each. Just an approximate ofcourse.
Was it worth it?

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
of course i\'d say so, nice find on the french dinkies love that 2cv van, £10 each is what is usually a good price as i see them go for more than that e-bay the octopus tanker would sell for around £30, and the 2cv van who knows higher.

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
this particular 2CV van with the Dutch AA emblem I used to have as a kid over thirty years ago. I remember breaking the rear door.

I have a white metal replicar that still needs assembling.

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Very nice score and the Packard Clipper is great. #180 I believe.

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, I knew it was a Packard, didn\'t know which one.

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Glad to help. It was a little hard to see in the photo but the tail fins are the give away.

Re:Don\'t normally break my budget, but sometimes... 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I\'ll add some better photos of all of them once I pick them up on Monday.

Considering how high these French Dinky\'s go for I got them all for a bargain.
This Dutch fella had them since new as his Grandma used to buy them for him during the 1970s. In 1987 he emigrated to New Zealand and took the Dinky\'s with him for his kids to play with.
So these cars were never on eBay. Those are the bargains I look for and ofcourse my main competition were people I bought cars off in the past.

I\'m fairly certain if I had let this collection go I would\'ve seen these on trademe or ebay for a lot higher
  • Page: