Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!)

Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Administrator
I just got this nice Penny Alfa Giulia TI, but it needs a front tyre! Does anybody have a spare?

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
There we go, I never-ever heard of Penny toys before. Looks like a very nice diecast car.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Andrew, it looks like maybe a small corgi tire might fit. Have you tried any? I can\'t quite make out the scale on the bottom there. What scale is it?

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Administrator
It is tiny - 1/66. Someone suggested an Impy tyre might fit - I think the Corgi ones will be too big.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I guess Lesney tires are the wrong material. They do make some small tires though

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #6

Administrator
GunnerJim wrote:

There we go, I never-ever heard of Penny toys before. Looks like a very nice diecast car.
Thanks! Penny were Polistil/Politoys\' attempt to enter the small-scale diecast market. They weren\'t particularly successful, but they sure are cute!

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Administrator
Nobleco wrote:

I guess Lesney tires are the wrong material. They do make some small tires though

Hmmmm - I think Lesney would be too big too - will have to try and see!

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Try tires off the Mercury Ambulance/Station wagon #55/73.  The Mercury Wagons I have here have domed metal hubs and separate tires. They may fit.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #9

Measure the hub, I may have spare HO scale truck tires here that will fit it, I\'ve got a box full.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #10

Administrator
Thanks! I will do.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #11

Gold Boarder
Here\'s a lot of Penny infos.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #12

If you have a micrometer, get the inside and outside measurements and I\'ll check through my tire box and see if I can get you a set of four that match, until you can find a replacement. It will at least get you on the road, so to speak.

Re:Penny Alfa Giulia TI (Anybody got a spare Penny tyre?!) 11 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
oldtruck56 wrote:
If you have a micrometer, get the inside and outside measurements and I\'ll check through my tire box and see if I can get you a set of four that match, until you can find a replacement. It will at least get you on the road, so to speak.

I can also look through my new and used tires and see that I have.
  • Page: