New additions from First Gear and Norscot
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New additions from First Gear and Norscot

New additions from First Gear and Norscot 11 years, 6 months ago #1

Picked up some new additions to the 50th scale collection over the last couple weeks. First to arrive was the First Gear Peterbilt 367 tractor with Talbert lowbed trailer. The trailer is the real star here, with removeable gooseneck, working ramps and outriggers (see pic for explanation). Comes with wide load signs, beacon lights on tractor and trailer and a tool to help open the outriggers.

The tractor has opening doors and tilting hood, but needed chains, binders and some decal work...

Here\'s the trailer with a Norscot Cat 14M grader to show how the outriggers are used with loads wider than the trailer bed.

Next to arrivewas the First gear end dump to match the lowbed. Another Peterbilt 367 with I believe is a Hiel dump box. Tilting hood and opening doors, and dump box raises and lowers on a 3 stage ram with opening tailgate. Again, needed some decals to add to the realism.

Yesterday, the 3rd piece arrived, a Norscot Cat 963D track loader for the lowbed to haul around. Front bucket raises and dumps, rear 3 tooth ripper raises and lowers, and it has working metal tracks, not rubberband or vinyl plastic tracks.

Re:New additions from First Gear and Norscot 11 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That looks fantastic and the decaling does set it off nicely. All in 1:50 too. Nice

Re:New additions from First Gear and Norscot 11 years, 6 months ago #3

The pull trailer for the end dump comes out in June, a ramp trailer for a back hoe or small track hoe. It\'s on pre-order, I haven\'t decided on the hoe yet. Norscot makes a side shift Cat 410 I think it is and a 308 track hoe that will both fit on the trailer, so I just have to choose which one.
  • Page: