My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van!

My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I cant believe that it has took 20 years of collecting to get a Foden into my collection but at long last the wait is over the model itself is near mint and it wasnt cheap either also out of the postmans van came the 918 Guy Eveready Van also in near mint condidtion I am very pleased to have them.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Both of those are great looking! The British trucks were of little interest to me as a kid in Southern California, just didn\'t see them on the streets there. Now I wish i had paid a little more attention to them. The Fodens and AEC trucks have become favorites, and someday I\'ll have some more in my collection. At the moment, I have to be content with the Matchbox MOY steam wagons.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I must admit the trucks from the fifties are nice the only A-E-C Dinky I have is the first issue 991 Shell Chemicals Tanker and that is still in the secure storage unit as I was going to quit collecting altogether and sell my whole collection through Vectis but I just couldnt do it and I am now in the process of bringing it back to where it belongs home. 

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Cam

Platinum Boarder
From the looks of this and the other threads you have a hell of a fine collection Mike. I look forward to seeing more, although not without a teeny bit of jealousy!

Cam 

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
And to think I was going to sell the lot I am glad I didnt and thanks for the compliment Cam 

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #6

I\'ll never give them up willingly. There are a couple I have that are from my younger days, and someday they will go to my kids, just not yet.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Same here, as long as they want them.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #8

I know the middle son will, he\'s trying to get me to fork them over now.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Very nice examples of those two great Dinky series.  I think that the Foden\'s along with the various Guy Vans are the heart of the Dinky commercial vehicle lines, and some should be in any serious Dinky collection. I love the variety of colors and liveries in the Guy Vans, and the quality of the casting details on the Foden\'s is just wonderful.......congrats on your acquisitions!!
Terry H.

Re:My First Foden And Eveready Guy Van! 11 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Terry the Fodens I like best are the type one cabs because as you say the casting is perfect and i hope to get some more in future and i prefer the Guy Vixen casting over the Warrior and i now have two Vixens in my collection one a 514  Weetabix that I restored and you can view the pics in the Dinky section of this forum and I am going to do a full restoration on another Vixen that is going to become 919 Golden Shred Guy Van as soon as I shake this awful flu bug off 
  • Page: