Early Playart Lamborghini Miura.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Early Playart Lamborghini Miura.

Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Administrator
I finally snagged the early Playart Miura with opening front deck. This one\'s been detailed at some point, but it was nicely done:

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
another good find. Been hoping to come across one of these meself.

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have seen this a couple of times but not is this color. Did someone detail the front grille and the louvers on the rear window? It is a nice job. What else was detailed.?

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Administrator
Thanks! The front grille is actually chromed plastic - the headlamps, spare wheel, rear louvre and tail-lamps have been touched in, but it\'s been nicely done and actually looks pretty good.

The later version omitted the opening front lid and had plastic headlamps and grilles instead.

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
bit surprised that the door louvres weren\'t done aswell.

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Personally, Richard, doing the door louvers would be too much. Make it look like a Fiat X-19. I did not realiize the front grille was chrome plated. The tail light were hidden from view so did not see them. Too bad about the elimination of the opening front bonnet. That is a very nice feature. It is actually too bad there is not a driver with this car. That would top it off.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Early Playart Lamborghini Miura. 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
This is a nice coincedence. I just finished watching a show on  National Geographic channel on the Lamborghini Miura and the next three or for models up to just a few years ago. Quite the factory that builds them and wouldn\'t you know it, the wheels are billet aluminum and made in the USA. Go figure.
It was a great show. Should be able to find it on the net.
It seems to be a three part video but it is not all 14 stations of the factory so does not show the complete build from start to finish. Everything is built or assembled here but the wheels.
channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/ul...#tab-Videos/07268_00

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.
  • Page: