(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some Dinky Empty Boxes

Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Got these over the weekend i just need to fill them now

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I would love to find one of those Postal Gift boxes. I have the set, missing men, and have restored the two vans. The call box is original. If I could just find the men and box I would be set. Those are nice scores. Were they very expensive?

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
No they wasnt expensive at all I got them from a bankruptcy auction and the guide said £40 and I got them for £49 along with some early 70s catalogues 

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
nice find, and those cars and trucks are fairly common. Usually run into a dozen orso on eBay.

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Do you mean re-paints as a 920 Guy Warrior Heinz  even without a box can be as much as £300 and an unboxed 919 Robertsons Golden Shred Guy van wont be much cheaper as I think I will be looking for re-paints because they are much cheaper and will keep the bank manager happy ;) 

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
really that much??? Take it slow...

was thinking more about the #299 Post Offices Services set, got both those cars in mint and hardly paid more than ten bucks combined.

the accessories of the phone box are a bit pricier.

Won\'t even try for Heinz - its way too rare.

Golden Shred I\'ve never seen - so ultra rare.

Seen plenty of the AA motorcycles with sidecars that are not too high. Only the competition is.

The Vega bus... they start low and sell high. its a little more common.

But if you go for absolute mint... Good Luck.

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I dont think i will get some mint examples way too expensive I have heard that you can get white metal copies of the 920 Guy van but dont know if they are still available or who produced them anyone know??

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
oh, in that case there usually will be a playworn truck coming up every so often.

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
ok, Item number: 290410770908 goes to a damaged \'eveready\' Guy Van.

Could be worth renovating to either or. needs doors and a bit of welding.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:Some Dinky Empty Boxes 11 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the info on the Guy Van RVREVO but I got hold of a Guy Van thats dosnt need any major work on it apart from stripping and a new lick of paint and some new decals.

• Page: