6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet

6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
The third of the bi-monthly NAMAC swapmeets was held today.

I went there with Routemaster Theo, to whom I am grateful to be given a lift in his car to get there.

As usual a great event, not too busy luckily but the catch was good. Here my crop:

One mint boxed Lone Star Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III and a similar, minor played with, example on white tires. The latter in need of a front and rear bumper (which I have in stock) I am quite happy with the MIB car, I was hoping to find one, but it was Theo who spotted it, just before leaving the event. I was aiming to get a deal on 25 quid but the seller would not budge, so 30 it had to be. But that is way within the current catalogue price range.

These 2 Solido's Phantom III's to be repainted and modified.

These two Seerol (Budgie) Rolls Royces will get different destinations.

The blue one will be modified with a set of Dinky wheel and tires to make it look better than with the hotwheel-ish wheels it has now. The black, a parts donor to yet another Lone Star Rolls Royce which I have waiting to be restored.

Finally some miscellaneous cars. The Renault Reinastella to become a 20/25 Rolls Royce. The ultra cheap Dinky and Matchbox Rolls Royce for restoration. The Bentley probably for spares and the Eligor Shadow to get a different colour paint coat.
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Some super scores Gerrit. The Lone Stars are really nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #3

And here are some photos of my purchases

A heavily overpainted Dinky 533/933 (have to determine which one it is) for restoration. I have stripped it of its paint already, it had 3 extra layers of paint: white, pale blue and dark red. The caustic soda had to work hard This one was a long time on my wishlist. MIB they are hardly affordable, so this repaint contestant is more than welcome. A tenner

A Dinky 344 Land Rover, one from the 304 Fire Rescue set set. This still is a mystery to me, as for the base says 344, white it should be the 282? The condition, apart from missing its entire fire appliance, is overall very good. 5 euros

The Dinky 151 Vauxhall 101 in metallic dark red, in very good condition. Only a few pinpricks and the silver detailing on the front window has faded a bit. My displaycabinet is happy with this one. 20 euros

The Dinky 965 Euclid dumper, complete with its original box. The handle has not made a hole in the lid, so I was very pleased. I think this truck is very underrated by collectors, I snapped it up at 30 euros. It has some playwear, but I don't mind.

Than there is the French Dinky 577 Berliet Animal Transporter, which had been converted into a plain box van. A bit crude, but for a fiver I could not leave it on the sellers table. Another one for a project I suppose

And finally, for 50 cents, a nice flatbed trailer with high sides. It is made by NZG (Germany) and shall fit perfectly on a Dinky (Foden) chassis.

It was a great fair and it was nice meeting fellow collectors and friends

Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
That guy selling the Landy and Berliet really wanted to get rid of his stuff at bottom prices. That € 5,-- Dinky #150 also very good restorable and on brand new tires!

The next Namac will be 8th August. You are all invited (at your own expense I must add).

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Some very nice buys there, The 101 Victor is a favourite Dinky of mine, it was one of those models I discovered when I was in my teens & never new they made one as a model. I have the Land Rover some where & I can remember that I could un-screw the fire appliance off the model to make it a open back, I did screw it back on though & the metal ladder is possibly missing from it.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #6

Thanks Andy, in fact I never took any notice of this Vauxhall, but when I saw the detail in the casting, the opening features, I could not resist it.
The price was also a bonus, I nocked a few quid off, so one happy collector here

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
You will have to look out for the Austin 1800 , this too had the "chrome" edging around the windows , the taxi version , is very desirable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Also saw these at the Namac yesterday, the LB/Clifford Rolls Royce already in my stable, but that red tin drop head Silver Cloud an absolute stunner:

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Hello Gerrit, that 'LB' Silver Cloud looks like a nice example, wouldn't mind putting that one in my collection. Did you happen to note the prices of that and the 'BANDAI' convertible.

Rollerman.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
No I don't have the prices. The seller was in conversation with somebody else and I did not want to intrude.

What do you think the Bandai is worth. On Ebay a black one carries a tag of 209 quid.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Ecclesley wrote:
No I don't have the prices. The seller was in conversation with somebody else and I did not want to intrude.

What do you think the Bandai is worth. On Ebay a black one carries a tag of 209 quid.

OK Gerrit, not a problem, you did the right thing.

'BANDAI' Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud models in good displayable condition are often around Three figures, but some deep searching of the internet will find cheaper examples, more around the £80-£90 figure, having said that, I think £209 for a Black example is a little high if the model is not in good displayable condition and vitally it must have the 'Silver Lady' mascot intact and 209 is an odd number so if contact were able to be made with the seller, I would certainly haggle it down to a nice even £180 (or even less!).

I would be happy paying £80 for the Red convertible in your picture (minus it's mascot).

Rollerman.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Some super scores Theo. These are just wonderful. Your Leyland Comet is the Blue Circle Cement lorry.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #13

I know Jay, it is yellow already, just have to find the decals, I should have them somewhere

Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That is a huge difference with the car I saw last Saturday

Here are the decals:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: 6th of June NAMAC Swapmeet 8 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
any special NAMAC vehicles for collectors available?

its something I heavily invest in

Richard K
  • Page: