Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one....

Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
....Okay its a code 3 but still a nice find

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I agree and I like the red tires.

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
As this Dinky has been renovated does the Van have the Ford Y type shaped radiator or the Bedford.

The other is that was this the first addition being made of Lead Antimony Tin composition or the nearly discovered of the time Mazac British (Zamak Zamac)USA. Unfortunately during this period of time the Zinc always had impurities such as tin lead and cadmium combined in the Zinc of 5% or more. Thus the dreaded intercrystalline corrosion could be present if it is made of the early MAZAC. Unfortunately for die-cast toys the strict tolerances for 99.99% Zinc was not observed and lower grades was used. The use of adding 0.4% magnesium controlled the impurities only if the Zinc was of high grade. For all toys made from Zamac or Mazac after the WW2 the abundance of surplus war zinc became available on the open market in the 1950\'s.

Anyway with a good paint job should keep this Dinky looking good for a while. Especially if it is post war production. If it was made of Lead/tin then it will last for ages.

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
is it really Code-3? Or is it a production run made outside of the Dinky factory as a special promo vehicle?

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
is it really Code-3? Or is it a production run made outside of the Dinky factory as a special promo vehicle?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         On closer inspection i think its a white metal repro as it has no maker stamped underneath in this case it should say Hornby series/Meccano dinky toys and meeccano/Liverpool and it feels to light to be an original so its either a DG models or a PP copy models one 

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Here are the white metal repro and the original who ever did this has done a very good job the decals are virtually the same and just a slight difference anyone out there know who would have done it?? The original is the top image and the repro is the bottom image

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Very, very nice ! I really love it. And what a replica !

Re:Dinky 28 series Van W.E Boyce ive got one.... 11 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Corky it only cost me £20 too who ever made it must have had the original to copy the decals and the exact paint colour because the W.E BOYCE van must be the rarest of all all the Dinky Toys as it went under the hammer for a staggering £16.000 when it was sold a few years ago and no more have come to light since here is pic of the rear decal

• Page: