Platinum Boarder
It's a recent edition isn't it ?
Nice model indeed.

Re: Norev Jaguar MK X 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Corky wrote:
It's a recent edition isn't it ?
Nice model indeed.

I believe it is from the Century of the Automobile series. This model looks very good, pretty happy with it.

Re: Norev Jaguar MK X 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I'm wondering if it's one of Norev's modern, modified reissues of vintage plastic models. Based on the old plastic castings, but with a few updated details here and there and made from, not plastic - like the originals - but... really don't know what: it feels harder and heavier than plastic, but lighter than metal, and unlike the old plastic models it's been painted.

I believe these reissues were made in the early- to mid nineties, if I remember correctly. They came in strange all-clear perspex cases. Strange, because instead of the standard base-and-top, they consisted of an 'outer cabinet' and a 'drawer'. Also, each model included a note describing the changes made, compared to the original.

I have a couple of these models (a Simca 1100 and a Renault 10) and find them quite interesting.

Re: Norev Jaguar MK X 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:
I'm wondering if it's one of Norev's modern, modified reissues of vintage plastic models. Based on the old plastic castings, but with a few updated details here and there and made from, not plastic - like the originals - but... really don't know what: it feels harder and heavier than plastic, but lighter than metal, and unlike the old plastic models it's been painted.

Probably the same mould as the TinTin Jag also from Norev.

Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Ecclesley.
  • Page: