1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this?

1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this? 11 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Yesterday whilst at work (security patrol) found this ancient relic of the 20th century.

Believe me, it took a while to figure out what it was as there were a few essential bits missing.
The canopy is definitely fibreglass. It seats ten people, but there\'s only a pilot seat left. It used to have two Chrysler engines - gone now.

And the final clue, it was the smaller of two in the 1970s owned by Auckland Int\'l Airport.

Now its hidden from public view, a failed and forgotten restore project, in the far corner of the factory premises.

I have more pictures I\'ll post once people want to guess some more or they get totally stuck.

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this? 11 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
lack of interest on this piece of ancient history astounds me. I thought there would be more sleuths out there.

Clue number 2 will reveal more.

Re:1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this? 11 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hovercraft by the looks of it.

Re:1-1-10 Guess It: what vehicle is this? 11 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
yes James, ofcourse without the skirt it looks like a plane.

Just got new info from the Hovercraft Museum in the UK that its a 1980 Pindair Skima 12, only 20 were build and 16 for overseas markets. There are a couple of surviving models at the museum.

Even though this is clearly a wreck, its still woth a lot of money as the skirt alone can fetch $15.000 (15 grand).

And to think the current owners want to give it away...
  • Page: