Building a deck after 12 years of use
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Building a deck after 12 years of use

Re: Building a deck after 12 years of use 2 weeks, 2 days ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Some of the left over wood, not much, and three of the hand rail pieces and the post are leaning up against the wall.

Below is an old oil can from a gas station I have has that for as long as I have been able to hold tools practically. It is full of the wood pieces from the stair stringers and other scraps

Re: Building a deck after 12 years of use 2 weeks, 2 days ago #47

Platinum Boarder
A better idea of some of the waste. The larger pieces that can maybe be used I will keep, the rest is mostly sawdust or stuff for the wood pile at the dump.

Re: Building a deck after 12 years of use 2 weeks, 2 days ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Now for the finished product. Not much weather left to enjoy it on this year as fall is here and leaves are turning which means that the snow will be coming in a few weeks.

I hope you have all enjoyed watching me build this deck and that maybe some of you learned something about carpentry and building a deck. Not that hard to do, just takes time.
Until next project, Cheers, Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Building a deck after 12 years of use 2 weeks ago #49

Platinum Boarder
Great project to have watched being built & very rewarding for you to relax on a comfy chair in the summer days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Building a deck after 12 years of use 2 weeks ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Yes and the weather is going to be nice for a while now. A bit of rain this weekend but we can use that. Next week is supposed to be sunny and up to 24C each day. Nice. Still Bar B Queing too.