How to get spare parts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to get spare parts

How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I will let you know a way to get spare parts......</p>
<p>I have two of these high-end Sony cassette decks. They both worked perfectly. Unfortunately for them I needed some spare parts and also I was eager to know how things worked inside.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, I opened one up.</p>
<p>
image uploader</p>
<p>There is actually not that much inside. A lot of air......</p>
<p> </p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p> </p>
<p>Why did I suddenly think of the Humpty Dumpty rhyme.......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
image upload</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>I was in doubt to put it back together again.</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the loose parts which I placed in a certain order, to put the deck back together again.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is something I would not do. Too complicated for my liking.

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hmm, I also have a lot of wires.....I had to cut some to get to the problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
fotos delen</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Right, I think I got the problem fixed, but as I wanted to build up the model, some parts and wires were missing....

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>No way I can rebuild this recorder, simply because parts are missing. I might just as well use all these small parts for other purposes and throw the rest away.</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I was just looking at the first picture and notice that the top system has more features than the bottom one. Which one did you take apart?
When I was young, quite young, I got into taking things apart so I could see if I could put them back together. I was maybe 9 or 10 and was building model planes, cars, boats, trucks etc. Even still have one of the balsa wood air planes I never did finish. Anyway, I had lots of things to take apart in our house and also my grand parents homes. All sorts of things went into the trash as I could not put them back together. I remember a broken toaster and I unwound the heating wires that do the toasting. I could not put them back in as they broke up when I started to take them apart. There was a shiny surface behind them that I liked and kept for ages. I put it in with my baseball cards. Don't know why but I guess I figured that was the best place for it. Radios, lawn mowers, lots and lots of toys etc. I am glad I did not have a drill, Dad would not let me use his, or I probably would have taken my Dinky Toys apart back then and would not be where I am now.

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, the top one has remote control and some minor extra features like a fader. This one is still in one piece. When recording, you press it and the music fades. It does no longer matter what  it could do, as you probably figured by now I intended to take them apart for the small screws and others parts.</p>
<p>I once bought one of them second hand. No doubt Keven will conform these were quite good machines, but as always with cassette decks, either the heads wear out or the transport fails. The weakest parts in the transport are the rubber bands. When one of the two players failed, I saw another one on Marketplace, which I bought for 40 euros. When I received it, again one of the two players did not work. The seller was very honest, and I got all of my money back.</p>
<p>I am sure you probably would have drilled your parents house down if you had a drill.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Keesie.

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>I offered one to a shop to repair, got it back after TWO months, and the message was that one of the rubber transport bands was broken. As this item was no longer in stock/available, I ONLY had to pay for the examining: 30 euros ! I told them it was very wierd to have the machine for two months, and then saying the part was no longer in stock. Anyway, I left the two machines for several years in the attic, recently cleared the place, and put them on Marketplace for free. No one was interested, so I decided to take them apart.</p>
<p>The decision to do that was sped up by the fact I needed a sort of wire connection for the truck and trailer......</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Keesie.

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I told you I am with the repaircafe here. When people come in with broken things you have the choice: throw it away and buy a new one, or try to repair it. I know how to replace those rubber bands in these decks, it is just, they are either not available, or when you fix it, the head goes. So when I dismanteled this one, I already knew I would throw it away. When knowing that, I got 'free hand',  meaning I could just dismantle it completely. The other one will soon follow......</p>

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I get it. I like the idea. I had the same idea for the 2 hard drives I have in the shop right now.Trying to recover some files that Tracy wants. Pictures etc. May not get them but my old drive is worn out too. It will come apart for the parts.

Re: How to get spare parts 2 years, 7 months ago #15

apart from all the screws and washers and other metal bits that can come in handy, the larger electronic components (mainly the grey and black condensators) can be used as barrels or a load for a truck
  • Page: