Beautiful picture
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beautiful picture

Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I just wanted to show you this beautiful picture, this morning in the papers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>It is a man in Israel in his workshop, restoring violins. As I read he restores violins used by Jews in the second world war, as it was a way of surviving. How good it must be hearing the sound of those violins again!</p>
<p>Looking at the workshed of the man, I think some of you can see similarities with their own worshop....mine at least.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Seen SEVEN times......</p>
<p>Here another workshop. Show me yours....</p>
<p>
picture hosting</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, at least 11 people who saw the pictures do NOT have a place where they do some sort of work, some repairs, some whatever. It can also be they cannot take pictures. Speaking for myself, I am one of the only ones in this world who does not have an Iphone. And of course the 11 people who watched the pictures.......I still take my pictures with an old 10 euro camera.</p>

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I am the opposite to you Keesie, I have an IPhone but no workshop. just empty washing powder tubs to clean paint off , turn over & then use for spraying stands all out side on my daughters old toy garden table top, all done in the garden. For the winter , sometimes warmer but not warm a hair dryer & the radiator to dry and harden paint.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hi Andy, for me it was the choice between a workshop and an IPhone......haha.</p>
<p>No, seriously, never needed an Iphone. Never needed a mobile phone either.</p>

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Lol, Keesie do you want to swap your workshop for my Iphone.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
As you all know I also have a work shop. I don't have an i-phone as well. I do have a cell phone but it is old and I don't text as it has three letters per key for texting and that is just too ridiculous to use. Here is my new paint booth. The exhaust fan failed so I replaced it for free with one a friend gave me.

The next picture is of my bench when I first moved here about 12 years ago.
Here is the room where my paints are stored and also where I dry my painting projects under the heat lamps.

Below is my paint booth, dirty as it is. This is before the new fan and I have added more stuff and junk to the shelves and I have a new stool too.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nice try Andy, I would not know how to operate an IPhone.....I do have a cellphone somewhere, forgot where it is.......</p>
<p>'Cool' place Jim, some things seem familiar.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
My workplace is like a dungeon in my parents garage lol

When tidy I will show picture.

Re: Beautiful picture 2 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I am not a restorer, I do have a workshop but too much room being taken by the half restored full scale MGB.

I used to make furniture for a living so now have to clear out residue saw dust.

Photo from about 10 years ago, cleaned up a lot since.

• Page: