My Technics turntable
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Technics turntable

Re: My Technics turntable 2 years, 3 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>My very first concert was Ekseption in 1969, and I went to about five Status Quo concerts with friends, then the Runaways (do you remember them...?), Dizzy Mans Band, BZN, Golden Earring  and with my wife to concerts of Sting, Fleetwood Mac, Chris Rea, and Paul MCartney several times.</p>
<p>Kevin, music HELPS!</p>
<p>As some of you know, I am a great Beatles fan. Like with our forum, I am into a Beatles club as well. A guy I know, actually runs a small Beatles museum in the city of Alkmaar. I helped him with writing some books on the Fab4, and I have a cabinet especially for Beatles CD's......</p>
<p>We are into all sorts of music. Besides 60's I also like old blues (starting with Robert Johnson....) and Jazz, Bigband, Cole Porter, you name it......</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Technics turntable 2 years, 3 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Music preferences. Grady Martin and the Slewfoot 5, an Australian Jazz man Graeme Bell, Duane Eddy.

All played on the Pye Diotran System.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Technics turntable 2 years, 3 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Just spent the last hour watching Ekseption videos

Re: My Technics turntable 2 years, 3 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hi CCE, did you know Ekseption? They were a rockgroup from the late sixties, and a few members: Rick van der Linden(piano/keyboards) and Rein van der Graaff (trumpet) were higly classical educated. They both passed away. At that time they were compared to ELP. They took pieces of classical composers (Bach, Beethoven) and turned them into rock. Their best ones are The fifth, Sabre Dance, Air, Peace planet, Rapsody in Blue, Adagio, Italian Concerto, Ritual fire dance and more. Try this:</p>
<p>
<p>They also did a concept album called 'Beggar Julia's Tipe Trip'.  A very special song on there is 'Julia', see:</p>
<p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: My Technics turntable 2 years, 3 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I don't think I've heard of that band before.
But they seemed like a nice bunch of guys that knew how to have fun.
Thanks for the info.
  • Page: