This reminds me
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: This reminds me

This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>When you hear a song, it may remind you of an earlier occasion. The same goes for a movie, an event, whatever. Also the term 'Deja vu' comes to mind. You might remember I told you in a thread we once cleared a house of an uncle, and a Corgi rhino dropped out of a bag we already filled with garbage.</p>
<p>Well, as we were/are clearing the house of this aunt I mentioned in a different thread, I found something on the floor. A piece of carton, which reminded me of something. I have to tell you this aunt and the uncle are not related.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Corgi related ? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Not really trying to set up a second 'guessing game' thread.......</p>

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
It does sort of look like the wings etc on the Chitty but I think you have something else in mind. Looks like a box top or end.

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>I had this in mind staight away.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes, of course, now that you show the car. Not being as into Corgi as I am into Dinky I did not recognize these as being where you saw the Yellow/Red before.

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
What a match , i could see the Corgi connection but this sliding roof did not come to mind, it goes to show that recycling goes on the model car restoration world, well done.

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Like Andy says the 'corgi connection' was something I think I also saw, however for some reason that corgi ice cream van I sent you Kees and the not present canopy for that was on my mind!!

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #9

Is the piece of cardboard by Corgi?

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys. The ice cream van has different colours and pattern. Obviously no one of you ever restored this Mini Magnifique. The sliding roof has an upper transparant glazing, in which a yellow/red metal sheet is incorporated.</p>
<p>The part I found is carton, but it could be used for that roof. Mind you, this was late sixties........so what came first, Corgi's Mini Magnifique or McCartney's tie......</p>
<p>
url afbeelding maken</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Going from Wikipedia on the Beatles.
Yellow Submarine is the tenth studio album by English rock band the Beatles, released on 13 January 1969 in the United States and on 17 January 1969 in the United Kingdom

From the Great Book of Corgi, C344 Mini-Cooper 'Magnifique' was first issued in 1968 and with drawn in 1970 with 237.000 in sales plus the 1969 sales which they don't seem to have. Scale is 1:41

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #12

good research!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>So the Beatles were first most of the time with things, but Corgi was first with this colour combination.</p>

Re: This reminds me 2 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
It would seem so.
  • Page: