The two uncles
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The two uncles

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, where was I.......?</p>
<p>At the moment I walked into the flat, and looked at the hifi set, I saw the record player........I did not believe there was another Sony PS4300!!!!!!! The one which was STOLEN (see my first post) was there, again.</p>
<p>As the two uncles (now you know why I called the thread 'the two uncles') were both hifi fanatics, they must have gone to several shops around 1975 and made a deal for the two players in one go. I did the same in 1973 with my neighbour, and later around 1977 with my dad, and again in 1980 with my father in law.</p>

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>I asked all other relatives, but no one was interested in a record player. Lucky me! This time it was mine. I had do consider the aunt did not use the hifi for at least 11 years. I could also see that,  because the set was covered in a load of dust.</p>
<p>I took it home, and here it is, cleaned.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>Strange to try and make an old machine work that has not been working for many years. I plugged it in, nothing. Then the start-light came on, and I rotated the platter by hand. Then it carried on on it's own. It needed a lot of adjusting, because about everything adjustable was out of line. Adjustment had to be done inside the machine, before I could fine adjust on the outside by hand.</p>
<p>The machine is gives the choice of fully automatic or place the arm manually, and switch off automaticly.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here you can see it isd placed in my hifi set.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Look at those high up absorbing feet! Because the lid only stays open in the highest position I had a problem, which I already solved with the earlier player: I glued a piece of thin iron on the upper shelf, and placed to magnets in and out of the lid. Opening it the lid clings to the shelf!</p>
<p> </p>

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, today we went to the flat again. I found the original manual, which is in every language, but not in Dutch.......and an accompanying booklet in Dutch! Even the bill is there! And then I found this.......</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Great find on the Stylus guage. Gerrard is a good brand, old but good. My Dad had a Garrard record player back in the 1960's when we moved to a new home. It was in a full cabinet stereo. Handy item to help preserve your records from wearing out prematurely.
My Record Player had the same feet for absorption of anything from getting (sound, movement etc) in the way of the play of the record. A type of dampening feature. Most of the top brands had them on their top machines back in the day.

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, and eh.....no one is interested what is in the box.

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I know but did you not show it in another thread just recently on your other player?

Re: The two uncles 2 years, 8 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
My mistake, that was in the email you sent me. LOL Anyone have any idea what it looks like, the object in the box? I think Kevin will know.
  • Page: