Seasons Greetings 2018-2019
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Well the New Year has arrived here in Australia and wish you all well in this coming year of 2019. Happy collecting so they say. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Happy New year to you all.

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #18

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL, Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Happy New Year to all

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL, Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Still 7 hours to go here. It has snowed for a couple days now, about 10 inches or 25cm Here is what I say to winter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL, Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Well, I missed New Years here in BC as I always do. Just can't make it to midnight anymore. I did see the ball drop in Times Square, New York and fireworks from around the world. Some are pretty spectacular and get better every year, it seem.
I hope very one got home safe that were out for the night. Not too many hang overs either, I hope. None here.
Happy New Year 2019 Everyone. May it bring those hard to find toys for your collections you have not found in past years.
Jim

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I made it to 11:30
All the best all!

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
<p>Normally at New Years Eve I would get drunk, very drunk. In the end my hands would start shaking and they would not stop shaking for several days. However, I knew I had to carry on with a delicate job on the Ecurie, which can only be done with a steady hand, so I stayed sober.</p>

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Well, I missed New Years here in BC as I always do. Just can't make it to midnight anymore. I did see the ball drop in Times Square, New York and fireworks from around the world. Some are pretty spectacular and get better every year, it seem.  Jim
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well Jim if you want to see a real spectacular piece of fire works read on...<br />The city of the Hague, was usualy the scene of extreme hooliganism and violence at new year's eve, every year. A real nice party, created by the best of happy people.<br />And as police seem to be incapable of dealing with such filth, it is a  good Dutch tradition not to maintain law and order, but to allow something 'nice' in stead.<br />And so it was decided that the groups of hooligans were given permits to create huge bon fires on the beach of Scheveningen, a part of the city of The Hague. Part of the deal was that the piles of wooden pallets, to be set on fire, would not be higher than 35 meters. A height which already quite impressive and dangerous to say the least.<br />But this year the towers of Mordor proportions went up as high as 47 meters, and no one took notice or did anything about it, full well knowing what was going on; of course, why spoil the fun.<br />See pic:<br />
<br />Both towers were set on fire and next it went awfully wrong, a kind of firestorm raged over the city of The Hague and the damage is collosal. Luckily no one was really hurt but the ravage runs into many millions of Euros. Happy new year everybody!!!!!!!<br /> />I always wonder what it is that spurs people on the create and enjoy fire and play with fire works. Many boys wanting to be a fireman/chief. Is it the primaeval/primitive remains of the dark ages, or just plain stupidity.....................<br /><br /><br /></p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
wow. what were they thinking

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Tick wrote:
wow. what were they thinking
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Right now the council of The Hague and especially the mayor are "under heavy fire" for this<br />utter stupidity. This mayor already at the centre of previous very costly blunders.............<br /><br /></p>

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>The real size of this absurdity becomes clear when you realize that these two towering piles of wooden pallets (two rivalling groups of hooligans, trying to outdo eachother), contain about 120.000 pallets. That number of pallets and wood going to waste is not something you shift and create in 24 hours. No, the preparation for coming new year's eve have already begun. Mind you, it takes around 350 pallets every day of the year, to be collected, transported, stored,  transported over and over again and again, finally to be hoisted with big cranes etc.etc. just to create this lunacy.<br />The ecological footprint of this madness is unspeakable huge to say the least, and this is done, full well knowing what it does to the environment, with the consent of police, fire brigade and the municipality<br />But like I said, maintaining law and order is something of the past.<br />Would you be surprised when I tell you that the coucil of The Hague in their impotence to  deal with these criminals, offered these groups of hooligans free air tickets for a vacation trip to the US during the holiday sason, just to keep them away from the city of The Hague. It's true, that's what they did previously. But it did not work, the hooligans stayed put. More fun in The Hague.................<br />The question is, what will that idiot mayor do now. If she forbids these bon fires, then all hell will break loose, like the city has never seen before......................<br />You reap what you sow.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Crazy stuff and fire is such a draw on the imagination. I don't understand why this would happen. Would never be allowed here in Canada. They would have fire trucks and police in riot gear all over the place. Dealing with people like that is hard and rules need to be followed but if the mayor and other officials don't set the tone and condone this, what do they expect. They are lucky the whole town did not catch fire and burn to the ground. I don't think she will make the next election if she has ideas like this. Tickets to the USA? really? how absurd, just stop them, corral them and take them to jail or erect a fence around them and let them all fight it out. LOL

Re: Seasons Greetings 2018-2019 2 years, 4 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
In April this new year new emission charges come into force for the motorist's driving into London, some of these pallets may have preservative paint on them all being released into the atmosphere .... I will keep my thoughts and concerns to myself on this ... The air that we breath.