Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend.

Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend. 3 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Sad day today as I just found out that one of our members has passed on at I believe age 81. Martin Vehstedt. He never could quite work out how to join in on this site. He was an avid Hot Wheels and Rubber toy collector and had over 30,000 cars etc in his collection at last count and he still collected. He was also a member over at Toy Car Collector run by Dana Johnson. I have known him for about 10 years or so and have a lot of his Double Hot Wheels. He would send me 13 at a time. Thanks Marty for getting me into this hobby. I will never forget you and my heart goes out to Chris, his wife.

Jim
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend. 3 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I did not know you Martin by name, but I am sure we would have been good mates...Rest In Peace Martin.

Rollerman.

Re: Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend. 3 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
It had been quite some time since he was on line here, before when the site was Toy Collector so about 5 or so years ago. His user name was Marty but he could never figure out the log in process no matter how much I tried. He did not understand that you had to log in with user name and password each time you come to the site. That is not the way Toy Car Collectors site works. It is an email based Yahoo site and all you do is answer emails or write an email to the site to post it. Was too easy for in in his 70's and he got used to that method and did not understand our site. Not that computer savvy and he would scan his cars and then post that picture. He called them his "Sucky Scans" He was renown for that term.

Re: Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend. 3 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Condolences. End of an era

Re: Passing of a good Hobbiest and friend. 3 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
He was a great guy and loved sharing his new finds on the toy car list.  I will miss him and his 'sucky scans'!  He was a great guy and will be missed.  Karl
  • Page: