My own diecast book
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My own diecast book

My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Some of you might know I had two books made of my models. When I restore I always take pictures from what's on my workbench.

There are several companies here, and no doubt in other countries as well, which are specialized in making photo-books and such. With the shop I choose, you download a program, and you can place pictures in it. You can then manipulate with them and when done, you go over to the next page. You can store the whole thing, to come back to it later. I suppose there are people who choose a holiday or wedding for this, I choose my models. I had a book made in 2010, and the next one was done in 2014. So every now and then I added models to the book, untill I filled 48 pages, like the other two (you can choose as many pages as you like).

Today I uploaded the information to the site for my third book. I am very excited, and hope to recieve it at the end of the week. Here a picture of the previous two. I have them done on A4, hardcover. The price including shipping comes to about an euro per page.

Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by 283258.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wow, looks great and I would like the name of the place you use if you could email me about it. I could make up a few books myself but can't seem to find anyone here to do it.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Wow too !

Makes me wanna make one.

Could you show us some pages please ?

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys, the company which made my books is called Albelli. You can google them, no idea if they are into other countries than Holland.

I found the result very good, and the company is very porfessional. Once I was not completely satisfied, actually my own fault, the cover picture was not sharp enough. They just sent me a free second copy with adjusted picture. Here some inside pictures.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The books are very handy to take with you to a toyfair, because I cannot bring all my models. This way you can show people what is possible. Some more pictures.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If any of the pictures in the book have also appeared on the forum, this is a sure way to prove they belong to you because all the text and pictures should be copyright controlled by Keesie.

Can you confirm any copyright notes for us Kees that may be at the front or back of the book.

Rollerman.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Kevin. There is nothing about copyright protection in the book. On each rear there are different barcodes though. Anyway, feel free to duplicate one of the books if you like.......

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Really nice and good looking. You should be proud you have items like this to show your work. Thanks for showing the inside.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
That's a really nice record and keepsake for all your unique restos Kees, great that firm can do that! A lot of nice projects there, some I remember well and some more recent, which I don't think I've seen before.

Also nice to show people for years to come and as you say, great for exhibitions and toyfairs too!

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks.

It's so nice !

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Great work, Keesie!

I use Albelli as well (previously Hema) for my photobooks with text (hard cover, 30 x 30 cm):

For textbooks with photos (my private catalogue volumes, hard cover, 24,5 x 17 cm each) I use a book printing-on-demand service, called Pumbo. They are of great help with a standard personal quality control and possible layout problems:

It's such fun and so easy nowadays to be your own publisher, with almost professional results! Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by janwerner.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jan, yours are great too! I sometimes take a book with me to Sandown, and it is always a succes.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #13

Gold Boarder
Your books are really outstanditng , both of you. What a great idea.

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rix. About Albelli, they are situated in Amsterdam-Holland. On their site postage outside Europe is mentioned, so if you really want, you can download their program, order when ready, and pay. When your payment method is not accepted, you can PM me, and we can sort it out.I am sure similar companies exist in other countries though. As I said, my previous books were done by Albelli as well, so I do not have any experience with others, but there are several companies in Holland who can print books, Hema for one. 

About copyrights and such, they say in English on their site:

The customer is responsible for the content of the provided file. albelli accepts no liability for the content of the file. albelli assumes that the customer holds the copyright for the file. The customer is exclusively responsible for any consequences of the illegal use of protected data. In addition, the customer must strictly comply with the legal regulations of the concerned country when placing the order and distributing the printed material.

Just got a mail that my new book is ready and sent, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: My own diecast book 6 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the info. Maybe there is a place here in BC that does the same thing. I will have to spend some time down here in the basement where it is about 16°c right now. Going up to about 38°C today and hotter over the next 2 or 3 days. Feels good down here in the hot afternoons.
  • Page: