Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #121

Platinum Boarder
Here goes 3 low tech guesses.
A piece of string & 2 drawing pins ?
2 blocks of wood ?
Wire coat hanger bent to shape ?

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #122

Platinum Boarder
None of the above will work without some effort or set up.
Kees, buy some Velcro strips, the kind that are sticky on the back. Attach one to the self and the other to the lid. Lift and it sticks, pull and it comes apart. Just use a small piece as the larger you go the more it holds. If you want to remove the tape, peel it off best you can and then use some lighter fluid or thinners to melt and remove the tape residue. It may dull the clear cover where you put the tape though. Should not do damage to the coated wood.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #123

Platinum Boarder
Guys, this is fun! Terry, I have been talking to Kevin about using small hooks on a cord or elastic or such. Jim, with those strips you have to use glue, which may indeed damage the cover in that spot. I found a better solution...............

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #124

Platinum Boarder
So mo one else has an idea uh?

Here we go. I started experimenting: cord, hooks, you name it......

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #125

Platinum Boarder
What would stick on the dustcover without really being attached to it???? MAGNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a bunch of strong magnets, uses in devices to wipe outer windows. They were behind a spongue on both sides of the glazing. I took two, put glue on them and wrapped them up in strong thin black linen. That way they will not scratch the cover. Then I placed one on the outside and one on the inside of the cover.

Than I took a thin sheet of iron, and glued it to the upper shelf, done!

Here the result!

Last Edit: 4 years ago by Keesie.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #126

Platinum Boarder
I trust any stray megnetic fields from the magnets are not interfering with the cartridge during use when playing a record.

Rollerman.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #127

Platinum Boarder
The worst thing that can happen is that the arm goes up when playing. I played some classical music today, which is quite heavy, so it played ok. I think tomorrow I will play 'Magnetic fields' by Jean Michel Jarre.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #128

Platinum Boarder
I love Jean Michel Jarre's music. It was always in or on one of my Hi-Fi systems.

Used to play it in the car while going on cruise nights, looking for other mildly customzed cars around Town.

Rollerman.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #129

Platinum Boarder
Magic idea Keesie (well magnetic)"
'Jean Michel Jarre'
'Tangerine dream'
'Kraftwerk'
BRING IT ON.
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Terrytoo.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #130

Platinum Boarder
I do not play heavy metal, because that would be attracted by the magnets.
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Keesie.

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #131

Platinum Boarder
Where is the G R O A N smiley when you need it ?

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #132

Platinum Boarder
Great Idea but by idea does not need added glue as it comes on the velcro strips.
You magmetic personality must be working overtime to come up with this idea. LOL
Should work well but I would have placed the magnets on the far left, well away from the pickup on the tone arm

Re: My grammophone 4 years ago #133

Platinum Boarder
Jim, the idea to use magnets just popped up. Like many ideas, they come just like that. Good idea to place the magnets on the left.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: My grammophone 3 years, 10 months ago #134

Platinum Boarder
I just got a joke via email, well not a joke so much as a bunch of pictures of things from the 1940's and 50's. One picture pertains to the 45 record players etc that we were talking about earlier in this topic. Centers for just such a purpose was on of the picture.

Thought it would be a good idea so show how many variations there were.

Re: My grammophone 3 years, 10 months ago #135

Platinum Boarder
...and presumably now very collectable.

Rollerman.