How to insert multiple pictures into a new post
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to insert multiple pictures into a new post

How to insert multiple pictures into a new post 11 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
By using multiple photos in a step-by-step method I hope to show you how to insert  multiple photos.

There are currently five methods. Some are easy, some are hard. I\'d say the \'ctrl\' method is the easiest to grasp.
So here we go:
We\'ll begin at Photobucket with preparing the photo to make it easier to find.

Give the photo a name.

Add other details and press \'Save\'.

Put the icon on the photo and a pulldown menu pops up. 

Highlight the IMG Code then \'copy\' the link

Now we go to the \'post new message\' at Toy Collector.

Go to HTML

A Source Editor opens up.

Just right-click, a dropdown menu opens. Highlight \'paste\' and left-click.

You\'ll see a string code instead of a photo. This is ok.

You can do this method loads of times and write inbetween as well.
So far I\'ve found no limits yet. Except that it can overload the \'bandwidth\' of the hosts computer network.

After pressing the \'update\' button you can see many photos. They are not cropped to size yet as this gets done during processing.

The Second method I like using a lot. Actually I do a combination of the two methods. Personally I only use the \'HTML\' to check I\'ve pasted the correct photo. So this method uses the \'control\' button. It makes it a lot faster.

If you don\'t press \'control\' and right-click in the write section a menu pops up. Press any of those buttons and a new pane pops up forbidding you to copy&paste unless you have a certain plug-in. I still haven\'t found this plug-in program.

Use \'ctrl\' to bypass all that, and you\'ll find it a lot easier for many other programs too. You are simply taking \'control\' of actions.
Press and hold \'ctrl\', right-click and a different menu pops up. Let go of \'ctrl\' and left-click on \'paste\'.

You\'ll see the string code again and no photo. This is ok.

Press \'HTML\' then \'Update\', the photo is there.

The third option also uses the Photobucket.
Highlight and click on the \'tree\' by the top buttons.

A window opens.

go to Photobucket and highlight the \'direct link\' code

Then paste it in the \'image url\' section. There\'s an immediate preview if done correctly.

Press insert. Again, this can be performed many times.

The fourth method uses the Toy Collector Gallery. I\'ll show how to create your own gallery in a different post as its rather complicated.
Highlight the \'tree in the tv\' icon, then press.

A Gallery browser opens, usually the last one you used or LaToya\'s main section (people tend to post in there because its complicated to make one\'s own gallery)

Choose a picture and left-click press on it.

It automatically inserts the picture instantaneously.

Again as many times as you want to.

The fifth method you can ignore.
Below the \'editor\' panel you see two \'attach\' boxes. If you\'ve been using these no wonder you\'re getting single pictures.

When you are finished and there\'s no more need to edit further, press submit.

I hope this was helpful. If I\'ve missed anything or another step is needed let me know.
Thank you for reading this.

Re:How to insert multiple pictures into a new post 11 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Richard--thanks for taking the time to provide such very specific directions!  I also belong to a car forum (I have a 1930 Model A Ford), and lots of folks like me also have had issues trying to post there......I use the computer a lot, but in some ways, I still feel challenged and helpless at times.........so the extra help is really appreciated and I will give it a new try!
Terry

Re:How to insert multiple pictures into a new post 11 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Terry,

I like playing with new programs all the time and can usually figure it out quickly with trial and error.
Repetition is the key and finding new and quicker ways to simple action is what I like finding.

There\'s usually more than one way to get things done.

These four are the easiest.

Using the Quick Reply does not give you the \'html\' option, but you can still copy&paste an Image Url very quickly in succession after each other.

Re:How to insert multiple pictures into a new post 11 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Very good Richard, that explained a few things for me too. I did want to point out that you don\'t need to right click and select copy or paste from the drop down or pop up menu. Highlight what you want to copy and then, holding the CTRL key press \'C\'. That will copy the selection. Go to your editor same as before but now left click where you want the picture, and holding down the CTRL key again press \'V\'. That will paste the selection where your cursor is flashing.
Jim

Re:How to insert multiple pictures into a new post 11 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
yes Jim, that works too. But it took a little over two hours to get this out of the way and I might\'ve missed a few things.
And ofcourse some shortcuts I don\'t use.
  • Page: